OT - Hemet/San Jacinto Eagles Midgets

The Midget JAAF football team I coach on has been selected to be televised this weekend.......our game is at home against Moreno Valley.

Its quite an honor.....your team has to be voted on as the team to represent. We are doing quite well at 4-1

Everyone thought that the Pee Wee team would get to do this.....ton of talent on their team and their coach is higher up in the Chapter chain then ours.

Meanwhile our bunch of rag tags (kids too big to play pee wee but too young for high school ball is quietly winning games....the only loss in VERY contiversial fashion to the best team in our division......

I WILL be confiscating all sharpies before the game starts.

Congrats John. A great honor...

Have you worked on your sound bites for before the game, halftime and after the victory...

Before

"We have to execute."

"Run and stop the run."

"Take what they give us on O and take away what they like to do on D."

Halftime

"Tough battle out there."

"We are doing some things well but can improve in several areas."

"We always strive to improve and that includes making halftime adjustments."

Post - Game

"It was a hard fought game against a worthy adversary. We were glad to come out with a win."

"This was a team win..but to be honest, my kid is better than any of these other little snot nosed pussies out here (oops sorry....).. :blink:

Congrats John.  A great honor...

Have you worked on your sound bites for before the game, halftime and after the victory...

Before

"We have to execute."

"Run and stop the run."

"Take what they give us on O and take away what they like to do on D."

Halftime

"Tough battle out there."

"We are doing some things well but can improve in several areas."

"We always strive to improve and that includes making halftime adjustments."

Post - Game

"It was a hard fought game against a worthy adversary.  We were glad to come out with a win."

"This was a team win..but to be honest, my kid is better than any of these other little snot nosed pussies out here (oops sorry....).. :blink:

474106[/snapback]

Well.....since we have a tendancy to fall behind in games and then come back and win them in the the qtr I was thinking about something like:

report: Coach XXXX....what does your team need to do to come back from this beating.......

Me: Stop turning over the ($*$*&%&& BALL!!!!!

Me talking to the team: Well.....Coach (*$&$& is in intensive care after watching your first half of football.....and I dont want to put any undue press on you guys but he last words to me were...WIN....OR I WILL DIE

OR

Reporters leaning into our huddle I say "Its ok boys....you are doing your best. Get some extra gatorade and get ready for the 2nd half"

Reporters walk away "You *$&$&$ up this game and I will (*$$&*$&$& make you run gassers next week till you *($*$&*$& PUKE

Guest BackInDaDay
The Midget JAAF football team I coach on has been selected to be televised this weekend.......our game is at home against Moreno Valley.

Its quite an honor.....your team has to be voted on as the team to represent.  We are doing quite well at 4-1

Everyone thought that the Pee Wee team would get to do this.....ton of talent on their team and their coach is higher up in the Chapter chain then ours.

Meanwhile our bunch of rag tags (kids too big to play pee wee but too young for high school ball is quietly winning games....the only loss in VERY contiversial fashion to the best team in our division......

I WILL be confiscating all sharpies before the game starts.

474098[/snapback]

Good luck, coach.

Who's televising it?

This isn't like midget wrestling, is it? :doh:

474181[/snapback]

No its a JAAF weight class.....like Jr. Pee Wee or Pee Wee

basically: 12 and 13 year olds can weigh up to 175 pounds

14 year olds can weigh up to 160

My son is a 13 year old and weighs 147 pounds.....plays FB and OLB. He could play another year of JAAF but the freshman team at his high school already has plans for him......