Why the switch was made at QB

I don't care how many points he put up. The point was the players believed in him and he never dumped his pants on the field. He made the Probowl his first year as a starter. He didn't need an entire season to figure it out. Comparing Favre to Losman is a joke at best. Move on Champ.....

474995[/snapback]

How do you know that the players believed in him after they were 1-3 and were scoring 10 points a game? Were you in the locker room? He made the pro bowl in his first year as a starter with a decent but not great season, in which he was clearly erratic and shaky and was not getting points on the board early, the first four games, which are facts, and then he started to pick up his game and finished pretty strong after gaining what some people like to call "experience".

In the third game of the 1992 season, he took over for injured Don Majkowski, and trailing 17-3 in the fourth quarter, led the Packers to a 24-23 victory over Cincinnati. Favre never came off the bench again.

Often forcing passes into coverage, Favre had a touchdown/interception ratio of 18-13 that season, then fell to 19-24 in 1993 when he also lost six fumbles. His play often frustrated head coach Mike Holmgren, who in 1994 was under pressure to bench Favre after a 3-4 start.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not...In fact that was an issue with the Atlanta game too....Willis was

running well....so why did they stop him in the 4th qtr....they did not run him

enough in the 4th qtr...

Please back up this assertion with factual plays from that game (especially considering Bills were down by 8 in 4Q)

Of course, then there's the crowd that's screaming that Bills didn't pass enough against Atlanta's beat up secondary.

In some sense, Mora's game plan worked by giving the Bills the easy running stuff in between the 20's as long as Willis didn't run for a TD, knowing that once Buffalo got inside the 20, they would focus the defense on stopping the run, and force JP to make key throws. You did notice how the running lanes suddenly closed as the field shortened.

Plus, the biggest problem in the Atlanta game or the NO game was more the

defense COULDN"T get off the field on 3rd and LONGs........

That was a huge problem, but we shouldn't forget that the D did just enough to stop the other teams from scoring. The only thing that the D didn't do in the losses to NO & Tampa was create turnovers. They came up with two key takeaways vs Atlanta, which the O couldn't capitalize on.

As I said JP needed to manage a game where the running game and the

STs and Defense made the plays.....Not vice versa....

As I said JP did not play really well...but the difference in his play and KH is

not that far off to make the switch....especially considering the long run.....

474980[/snapback]

I'm guessing is that you haven't really seen the two of them leading the offense side by side. While KH wasn't spectacular on Sunday, hitting 20 of 26 throws shouldn't be discounted because he provided key continuity for the offense, which Losman hasn't managed to grasp yet

Atlanta never ran Favre out of town. He spent his rookie season there on the bench and got traded to Green Bay in the off season. That year, he made the ProBowl. It was his second year in the league. Not a good comparison considering JP in his second year he has effectively dumped in his drawers.

474055[/snapback]

If Favre had missed 2/3 of his practice reps in the 1st season rehabbing from a broken leg you might be onto something there.

I think there's a big difference.