Too Much McGahee Today...

zow2

I always see people on this board clamoring for all McGahee ALL the time. Well i thought the staff today was way too predictable with the runs. It was like watching the Sabres nurse a 1 goal lead the whole 2nd half. We should have lost. You can't put Holcomb (or Losman) in that many obvious passing situations. It's painfully obvious the O-line is putrid. Anytime Miami knew it was a pass play (almost every 3rd down)...they had no problem blowing by the O-line and getting to Holcomb. Really, you have to call more 1st down passing or 2nd and short play action stuff.

31 carries for McGahee was perfect...it's that "massive run blocking" line that stunk it up. Keep in mind, McGahee DID have a 54 yard run, but it was called back because Reed held.

never enough mcgahee...  not enough cowbell.

470680[/snapback]

When everyone in the nation knows you're going to run on first down, you will be stopped no matter how you block it. It is called being predictable. A play action long ball pass on first down would've been sweet in the third quarter.

They continue to send in these kind of play calls you will not win a game. Why do you think the 2nd half of every game has been atrocious? We have been very predictable on our play calls.

When everyone in the nation knows you're going to run on first down, you will be stopped no matter how you block it.  It is called being predictable.  A play action long ball pass on first down would've been sweet in the third quarter. 

They continue to send in these kind of play calls you will not win a game.  Why do you think the 2nd half of every game has been atrocious?  We have been very predictable on our play calls.

470712[/snapback]

wouldnt you just love to see a nice play action pass on first down, geez it might work

wouldnt you just love to see a nice play action pass on first down, geez it might work

470715[/snapback]

Yeah, i would.....but then again, you'd have this whole faction of Bills fans screaming "why didn't they run McGahee on 1st down!".

I disagreed with all of the "too much passing" posts previously, and I'll disagree with the "too much running" post today.

The OL played WORSE today than they did vs. NO or Atlanta. No run blocking, and no protection. They DID throw on 2nd & short early in the game....which everyone here would be bitching about except they're not because Holcomb was actually able to CONVERT a couple of 3rd downs....Big difference when you can actually move the chains on 3rd & 5.

I always see people on this board clamoring for all McGahee ALL the time.  Well i thought the staff today was way too predictable with the runs.  It was like watching the Sabres nurse a 1 goal lead the whole 2nd half.  We should have lost.  You can't put Holcomb (or Losman) in  that many obvious passing situations.  It's painfully obvious the O-line is putrid.  Anytime Miami knew it was a pass play (almost every 3rd down)...they had no problem blowing by the O-line and getting to Holcomb.  Really, you have to call more 1st down passing or 2nd and short play action stuff.

470675[/snapback]

I agree they were predictable but I think they kep getting in a hole due to our horrible O-line.

I always see people on this board clamoring for all McGahee ALL the time.  Well i thought the staff today was way too predictable with the runs.  It was like watching the Sabres nurse a 1 goal lead the whole 2nd half.  We should have lost.  You can't put Holcomb (or Losman) in  that many obvious passing situations.  It's painfully obvious the O-line is putrid.  Anytime Miami knew it was a pass play (almost every 3rd down)...they had no problem blowing by the O-line and getting to Holcomb.  Really, you have to call more 1st down passing or 2nd and short play action stuff.

470675[/snapback]

One week it is not enough WM, the next week it is not enough passing... There has to be a healthy mix.. The coaching staff came close this week

never enough mcgahee...  not enough cowbell.

470680[/snapback]

Exactly! More cowbell is what this team needs! How canyou say too much Willis? Willis is the workhorse of this team. The guy gets the ball and makes 3 yds. thats good! If he wasn't handed the ball as much I think we would have been in a much worse place. Just my humble opinion. (< not a coach)