Dumb-ass statement by a Dolphin

From a Toronto Star/AP story, courtesy of Miami Dolphin defensive end Jason Taylor:

Taylor, a nine-year veteran, believes some of the team's younger players might have been distracted by their first trip to New York. He expects that to be different this weekend.

``We're out of the city now, so we won't see the bright lights, the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty,'' Taylor said. ``There isn't a whole hell of a lot in Buffalo besides some (chicken) wings.

``And hopefully, that won't be a distraction.''

I'd suggest that those of you attending the game pelt him with wings, but that's against NFL rules. You might want to make Mr. Taylor sorry he dissed our city. It ain't perfect, but it's got a lot more than chicken wings.

(Man, do I sound like a native Buffalonian or what?)

Hey Jason!!

0:):w00t::w00t:

I guess you never heard of Niagara Falls, Chipewa Ave, The Elmwood Strip etc etc etc

It always bothered me to hear that there is nothing to do in Buffalo. We can do anything a guy in Miami can do every night of the week, except for go to a beach. Can you go snow skiing? Camping in the mountains? Visit cool places in driving range like Philly, Toronto NYC, Cleveland, Boston and Atlantic City? It takes 10 hours just to drive out of Florida from Miami.

Really. What can someone in Miami do over a Buffalonian on any given day? We have night clubs, too. That's about the only thing you can do in Miami on a week night.

At least we experience all the seasons and everything that goes with it. Christmas just doesn't feel right without snow. Thanksgiving football without snow is pretty boring too. How about some outdoor ice hockey? Or if you're a kid what about all the snow ball fights and all the other fun snow stuff a kid can do?

The summer doesn't feel as good without all of those cold snowy days. When it's a sunny day in B-Lo everybody and there momma is out enjoying the weather. In Miami all they do is complain how hot it is and stay indoors with the A/C blasting.

I wouldn't trade my childhood living in Buffalo for any other place in the world.

He's comparing NYC to Buffalo and saying that, in comparison, there isn't much to be distracted by in Buffalo. Why are you getting so upset, he's right! Name two or three things that an NFL player would be drawn to in Buffalo while there for a couple of days (assuming they go to the Ballet AFTER the game).

CW

470233[/snapback]

Jason Taylor said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG ...

FFS you're beyond sensitive ...

I do however agree with you about Buffalo having a lot more than just chicken wings.

We also have Roast Beef on Weck

Ted's Hot Dogs

Bocce Pizza

Andersons & Condrell's

0:)

From a Toronto Star/AP story, courtesy of Miami Dolphin defensive end Jason Taylor:

Taylor, a nine-year veteran, believes some of the team's younger players might have been distracted by their first trip to New York. He expects that to be different this weekend.

``We're out of the city now, so we won't see the bright lights, the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty,'' Taylor said. ``There isn't a whole hell of a lot in Buffalo besides some (chicken) wings.

``And hopefully, that won't be a distraction.''

I'd suggest that those of you attending the game pelt him with wings, but that's against NFL rules.  You might want to make Mr. Taylor sorry he dissed our city.  It ain't perfect, but it's got a lot more than chicken wings.

470233[/snapback]

At least people in Buffalo speak English.

What doesn't miami just seperate from the US and become part of Cuba already.....

Hey Jason!!

0:)  :w00t:  :w00t:

I guess you never heard of Niagara Falls, Chipewa Ave, The Elmwood Strip etc etc etc

470300[/snapback]

:w00t::w00t:;):lol:

Chipewa Ave.? Elmwood Strip? WTF are those? No, I'm not a Buffalo native, which is the point here. Do you really think anybody outside of Buffalo has a f'in clue what the hell those are? You'd have been better off saying, "hey, I guess he's never heard of hanging out on the Maiden of the Mist!" At least people outside of Buffalo know what the hell that is.