non-QB question

macaroni

Why isn't Peters our starting TE?

I may be missing something here, but it doesn't seem that we have a steller TE playing ahead of him to keep him out of the lineup. I know he is being groomed (or so it seems) to play LT ...... but ..... couldn't he be groomed while he is playing a vurtual sixth lineman and butting helmets with somebody.

It's not like any of our starting TEs are a major pass catching threat ..... I would think we could probably give up the sending a TE on a pass route and use that sixth lineman ....... I think everybody agrees we can't play this game using only five.

This is something that irked me. You're right, he's being groomed to be a LT, but yet they keep putting him as tackle-eligible, which is pretty much another TE on a 2 TE-set. So they must have some regard for his pass catching ability, yet they continue their insistence on him being a tackle.

I know there have been murmurs about his low IQ and everything, but jeez, doesnt being a tackle require having to understand complex blocking schemes? I mean, if the guy can catch, and run block and has some decent foot speed, why not let him be the TE? Its not like where utilizing the other guys that much anyway.

Other than Reimersma, Metezallars (sp's) and Warlick the Bills have never given a rat's patoot for the tight end position.

Hard to figure, but when they did they were championship clubs.

468506[/snapback]

Must be haunted by the #1 pick of Tony Hunter.

Why isn't Peters our starting TE?

I may be missing something here, but it doesn't seem that we have a steller TE playing ahead of him to keep him out of the lineup. I know he is being groomed (or so it seems) to play LT ...... but ..... couldn't he be groomed while he is playing a vurtual sixth lineman and butting helmets with somebody.

It's not like any of our starting TEs are a major pass catching threat ..... I would think we could probably give up the sending a TE on a pass route and use that sixth lineman ....... I think everybody agrees we can't play this game using only five.

468472[/snapback]

Per MM, Peters needs to focus his attention on the LT position. Now, I have never been even a minor college player, but I gotta figure that the OL and TE meetings are seperate, they do differant drills during practice etc, etc, etc......

Remember, if Gandy goes down, Jason is in at LT

Other than Reimersma, Metezallars (sp's) and Warlick the Bills have never given a rat's patoot for the tight end position.

Hard to figure, but when they did they were championship clubs.

468506[/snapback]

And when you have a young QB playing with a horrible OL - a few TEs making some easy short bailout catches sure would be helpful. But then you would actually have to use your TE in that capacity. I guess Mularkey wants to be known as the best TE on the team.

Per MM, Peters needs to focus his attention on the LT position. Now, I have never been even a minor college player, but I gotta figure that the OL and TE meetings are seperate, they do differant drills during practice etc, etc, etc......

Remember, if Gandy goes down, Jason is in at LT

468718[/snapback]

I guess I see what you are saying ...... but still ..... why couldn't Peters play right next to Gandy ...... kind of a LT(a), LT(b), G, C, RG, RT sort of alignment. I know that Peters (for official terminology) would be considered a TE ..... but internal to the Bills he could be considered LT(a) and go to what ever darn meeting he wanted to.

The point I was trying to make was ........ our TEs aren't much of a pass catching threat anyway ........ let's put in another lineman (Peters) and call him a TE.