i direct this question to all the naysayers

how will you respond if the bills are 3-3 after week 6 and in first place based on a better afc record than the pats, who are also 3-3?

467175[/snapback]

I'll still think it's a for sh-- move.

Why? Because Kelly Holcomb is NOT the long-term solution at QB, and we're NOT making the palyoffs this year....no matter what you may think. Not with this defense and OL. No chance.

So that means next year, we'll have a starter in Holcomb, and a young guy who had no chance to develop. We'll be right back in the same pickle we were in at the start of THIS year.

Why? Because Kelly Holcomb is NOT the long-term solution at QB, and we're NOT making the palyoffs this year....no matter what you may think. Not with this defense and OL. No chance.

So that means next year, we'll have a starter in Holcomb, and a young guy who had no chance to develop. We'll be right back in the same pickle we were in at the start of THIS year.

467181[/snapback]

Yeah, but we'll be @ .500 too! Woo hoo!!! Start Holcomb, Losman sucks, our OL will be great once McNally works his magic, Ron Edwards will turn it around and the DL will stuff the run, Nate Clements won't get his a** kicked by an underachieving WR every week, yadda yadda yadda...

Yeah, but we'll be @ .500 too!  Woo hoo!!!  Start Holcomb, Losman sucks, our OL will be great once McNally works his magic, Ron Edwards will turn it around and the DL will stuff the run, Nate Clements won't get his a** kicked by an underachieving WR every week, yadda yadda yadda...

467188[/snapback]

Ding! We have a winner...

Tell him what he's won Jonny...

<Jonny>

Why, he's won an entire season of Kelly Holcomb at starting QB! Complete with a lack of mobility, Flutie-esque arm strength and a history of mediocrity! And as a special bonus, you'll also receive NO FUTURE!

</Jonny>

467181[/snapback]

But you incorrectly assume that this is somehow a permanent decision--it is not. If the Bills suck as you suggest, Losman will be back in to get the experience for next year. If the Bills are 2-6 at the break,for example, Losman is in for the rest of the year. Shoot, I bet if they lose Sunday, he's back in for the Jets.

Fair question. Maybe it's just me, but I can't see this team with its ineffective and overrated defense and its undereffective to unused running game going on from an assumed (big assumption) 3-3 start to a playoff finish. My answer (assuming that 3-3 is a real possibility) is that being in 1st place in the division after six games is irrelevant to me. The goal is to be in a playoff position at the end of the season and for seasons to come. To do that, the Bills need a starting quality QB.

Moreover, IF for some reason the defense suddenly starts to be the #1 defense in the history of the NFL---their goal, not mine---or even becomes real good (my realistic goal), and IF the offensive coordinator starts pounding the rock to take pressure off the QB, I think Losman would be able to progress past KH over the next few home games. KH was a good back-up signing but he has no realistic potential to ever lead a Bills team to the playoffs (much less than greatness). It's not personal against Kelly Holcomb. Again in my opinion, he simply isn't blessed with the same QB gifts that JP appears to have.

JP has to be allowed to grow and in the NFL at QB, that means play--good and bad. If benching JP was the plan assuming JP struggled (that assumes there was a plan), they should have kept Bledsoe for another year whether he liked being a back-up or not.