You wanna talk about impressive....

Friend of mine, next to my season tickets, takes awesome pictures at the games. So, he sends me CD's of pictures from Sundays. This time he also sent me a DVD of the incredible 1974 Monday Night Football game between the Raiders and Bills.

I'm not even kidding when I'm saying that the Raiders had AT LEAST 9 men on or around the line of scrimmage on every play. And OJ and Braxton were still blowing through the Raiders like they weren't even there. It was incredible.

The game looked so odd, because it looked the Raiders were in some goal line defense while covering Ahmad Rashad one one one on the outside all night. Yet, the Bills O-line was still able to make holes, and then OJ and Braxton both would just run through people once they bounced through the holes that were made. Even when the Bills had two wideouts the Raiders still stuck AT LEAST 8 men around the line and single covered the wideouts. It's just blows my mind the Bills were able to run the football against that front.

Simply amazing. The Bills won the game 21-20, after giving up a fumble for a TD with something like 1:23 seconds to go or something wild like that. Fergy was then able to lead the Bills about 70 yards in just over a minute to give the Bills a win. It was pretty cool to watch that game.

Friend of mine, next to my season tickets, takes awesome pictures at the games.  So, he sends me CD's of pictures from Sundays.  This time he also sent me a DVD of the incredible 1974 Monday Night Football game between the Raiders and Bills. 

I'm not even kidding when I'm saying that the Raiders had AT LEAST 9 men on or around the line of scrimmage on every play.  And OJ and Braxton were still blowing through the Raiders like they weren't even there.  It was incredible.

The game looked so odd, because it looked the Raiders were in some goal line defense while covering Ahmad Rashad one one one on the outside all night.  Yet, the Bills O-line was still able to make holes, and then OJ and Braxton both would just run through people once they bounced through the holes that were made.  Even when the Bills had two wideouts the Raiders still stuck AT LEAST 8 men around the line and single covered the wideouts.  It's just blows my mind the Bills were able to run the football against that front.

Simply amazing.  The Bills won the game 21-20, after giving up a fumble for a TD with something like 1:23 seconds to go or something wild like that.  Fergy was then able to lead the Bills about 70 yards in just over a minute to give the Bills a win.  It was pretty cool to watch that game.

465962[/snapback]

But the Bills actually lost, because everyone (well...finknottle) knows you have to pass to win, not run. :D

This time he also sent me a DVD of the incredible 1974 Monday Night Football game between the Raiders and Bills.

I bet that's a DVD that a lot of people here would like to see. I wonder who would be able to distribute that DVD to other Bills fans around here? (since someone hasn't wanted to make DVDs of the other losses this year).

:D

CW

I bet that's a DVD that a lot of people here would like to see.  I wonder who would be able to distribute that DVD to other Bills fans around here? (since someone hasn't wanted to make DVDs of the other losses this year).

CW

465996[/snapback]

Fez, it's of very mediocre quality. But it is awesome I must say. Some of the Raiders drives are cut out too. Howard Cosell, and the gang were doing the game. Funny how many Cosell signs were hanging in Rich Stadium that night. He also sent me OJ going for 2003 vs. the Jets, and a 1989 MNF game with the Broncos at Rich Stadium. He only sent me the first quarter of that game because the Bills lost 28-14.

However, the intro to the Broncos game is priceless. LMAO, it shows Elway and Kelly both shirtless flexing their right arms. The intro seemed like it was over a minute for each QB. Great stuff.

If I ever fwd'ed on to you, I'd want to get his permission first. I'll ask and see what he says. He acutally sells his photos to book publishers and newspapers and stuff. He's that good. I don't want to lose his trust, so I'll ask him.

If he has no problem, I don't either.

You should send a copy to OBD as an example to stick with the running game.  :D

465978[/snapback]

That's the reason this game stuck out in my head and made me post. Everyone talks nowadays about how you can't run with so many defenders in the box, yet the Bills O-Line carved up the Raiders front.

Really cool stuff. Just imagine how good the Bills line had to have been.

Montler , Joe d, reggie, Green and Foley. Now that was an offensive line. Not the crap willis has got to run behind.

466039[/snapback]

Yeah exactly. OJ was awesome. And so was Braxton. The amazing thing was how many times the Bills actually ran the ball. But yet, IN ONLY HIS SECOND YEAR, after not throwing for hardly anything it seemed all game, Joe Ferguson took the Bills right down the field through the air for a score in crunch time to win the game. It was awesome. The crowd was JACKED.

OJ also got hurt and had to leave the game. I would like to find the stats on that game. I'm going to look it up now.

Fez, it's of very mediocre quality.  But it is awesome I must say.  Some of the Raiders drives are cut out too.  Howard Cosell, and the gang were doing the game.  Funny how many Cosell signs were hanging in Rich Stadium that night.  He also sent me OJ going for 2003 vs. the Jets, and a 1989 MNF game with the Broncos at Rich Stadium.  He only sent me the first quarter of that game because the Bills lost 28-14. 

However, the intro to the Broncos game is priceless.  LMAO, it shows Elway and Kelly both shirtless flexing their right arms.  The intro seemed like it was over a minute for each QB.  Great stuff. 

If I ever fwd'ed on to you, I'd want to get his permission first.  I'll ask and see what he says.  He acutally sells his photos to book publishers and newspapers and stuff.  He's that good.  I don't want to lose his trust, so I'll ask him.

If he has no problem, I don't either.

466035[/snapback]

I don't care about the photos, only the games. As someone who has never seen OJ run (aside from a few highlights), I'd LOVE to see an old game like that...

CW

I don't care about the photos, only the games.  As someone who has never seen OJ run (aside from a few highlights), I'd LOVE to see an old game like that...

CW

466105[/snapback]

Count me in, if you can get it done. I was at that game and would love to see it again...good quality, average quality, bad quality, I don't care.