It's elementary.....No turnovers...No sacks

and time of possession for the opposing offense. We need to blitz more. Who cares how poor our run defense is? Who cares whether we have the number one ranked defense or the number 32? The only thing that counts is the final score. Our objective should be to win the game, not become the best defense of all time.

Squish the Fish!!!!!!

and time of possession for the opposing offense.  We need to blitz more.  Who cares how poor our run defense is?  Who cares whether we have the number one ranked defense or the number 32?  The only thing that counts is the final score.  Our objective should be to win the game, not become the best defense of all time.

Squish the Fish!!!!!!

465495[/snapback]

Lets blitz even more and totally wear out our D. I'm not sure what games you have been watching but the D is blitzing a lot more than they should be. We have the # 1 pass D in the league so lets capitalize on that. Our run D stinks because our DE's constantly have to drop off thier plays to help the inside line. The more you blitz the more you wear out your Linebackers and when you need them for the pass rush they are suckin wind. IMHO

Lets blitz even more and totally wear out our D. I'm not sure what games you have been watching but the D is blitzing a lot more than they should be. We have the # 1 pass D in the league so lets capitalize on that. Our run D stinks because our DE's constantly have to drop off thier plays to help the inside line. The more you blitz the more you wear out your Linebackers and when you need them for the pass rush they are suckin wind. IMHO

465505[/snapback]

This is exactly my point. Just because we are statistically the number one pass defense in the league does not mean that is our strength. The strength our our D is based upon creating turnovers. Turnovers occur when you play an attacking style of football. When teams want to complete a pass against us they do. They just haven't needed to. We need to be taking more chances on D. Do you think our offense is going to score 20 points? No.

This is exactly my point.  Just because we are statistically the number one pass defense in the league does not mean that is our strength.  The strength our our D is based upon creating turnovers.  Turnovers occur when you play an attacking style of football.  When teams want to complete a pass against us they do.  They just haven't needed to.  We need to be taking more chances on D.  Do you think our offense is going to score 20 points?  No.

465558[/snapback]

I think we've been blitzing a lot--but it hasn't worked. Both the Falcons and Saints picked it up very well and when they didn't, their QB's took off running. I agree we need to stay in attack mode--but Gray should tweak his blitz packages a little bit more. I fear they're becoming a tad too predictable.

That said, Gus Frerotte does not have the same mobility as Vick and Brooks--the 10 close-call sacks we had against them, will be sure sacks against Frerotte.

That said, Gus Frerotte does not have the same mobility as Vick and Brooks--the 10 close-call sacks we had against them, will be sure sacks against Frerotte.

465576[/snapback]

And that's the truth. We may have been blitzing too much against the wrong quarterbacks, but there is no such thing as blitzing Frerotte too much.

I think we've been blitzing a lot--but it hasn't worked. Both the Falcons and Saints picked it up very well and when they didn't, their QB's took off running. I agree we need to stay in attack mode--but Gray should tweak his blitz packages a little bit more. I fear they're becoming a tad too predictable.

465576[/snapback]

Exactly. We need to play our game. Attack.