This is kinda interesting

The fact is that Holcomb can see the field in a way that JPL cannot right now....I get that feeling every time he comes on the field.

465160[/snapback]

I would disagree with this statement. I think both of these guys see the field the exact same way.

From ground level with opposing defenses on top of them.

"playoff experienced?"  Yeah, started one game and lost.  The guy's a career backup.  You talk like he's a starter who lost out to a better player.  That's like saying Kerry Collins could feel Frank Reich and Jack Trudeau breathing down his neck his entire first season...

465202[/snapback]

Ummmmm what are you talking about? Frank was the starter for the Panthers in the first year (1995). He was benched after the fourth game and the team suffered the lumps of sticking with Collins.

Sorry, I missed that.  Could you please find me the place where Donahoe (or anyone) said (or even implied) "Holcomb's here not as a #2, but as the backup #1 in case JP fails...?"

465167[/snapback]

Probably in his contract, where hre took less money to be the backup in Buffalo than to be the backup in Cleveland.

Ummmmm what are you talking about? Frank was the starter for the Panthers in the first year (1995). He was benched after the fourth game and the team suffered the lumps of sticking with Collins.

465238[/snapback]

Goodness gracious you're right. I gotta go watch Ace Ventura again...I forgot all this stuff! :)