Clements

BuffalOhio

LISTEN:

I m a big time Clements fan and the boy does make impressive tackles and does cover receivers prettty well. And talk about getting burnt all cornerbacks in the league get burnt once -twice -three tiems in a season and along with that there are receivers that do know how to make imppressive catches.

33432[/snapback]

Clements got burned a HELL of a lot more than 3 times last season, more like 3+ times each game. It got so bad that my wife (who knows pretty much nothing about football) was asking, "who is that #22 guy that keeps getting beat?". Clements should put the nameplate "TOAST" above his locker.

Nobody ran Winfield out of town. I think most here liked him and realized he was a good corner. The problem was the money. There was no way they could pay him what Minny was and he had his heart set on cashing in.

33470[/snapback]

By the time F/A came along the price had skyrocketed. My strategy would have been to lock up AW prior to the start of the 2003 season and let NC walk when his contract runs out after 2005. Maybe TD tried to do this, maybe not. Only he knows.

As far as TSW goes, the old database is gone, but there were plenty of "he never gets any int's let him go" posts after the season ended.

Clements got burned a HELL of a lot more than 3 times last season, more like 3+ times each game.  It got so bad that my wife (who knows pretty much nothing about football) was asking, "who is that #22 guy that keeps getting beat?".  Clements should put the nameplate "TOAST" above his locker.

33482[/snapback]

I never said he doesn't get burnt and I was talking about all cornerbacks in the league.

You gotta remember it has become a more diff. position to play now that the NFL has enforced the P/I rule after five yards.

Besides the Jaguars game where he should have batted the ball down he makes good plays. And his stats wil show that for 02/03

In 02 he caught 6 ints and made 52 tckls

Of course last year the team did play poorly and his stats are not as good but still average 03- 51 tcks and 3ints'

Take it easy on the guy. I'm sick of Bills fans ripping on #22. That was a great catch by a great receiver. Where was the safety on that play anyways? If it wasn't for Clements the score would've been, Bills 3 Jaguars 6. We wouldn't have been in a position to win if he didn't get that INT. So get of his back. It wasn't the "D's" fault we lost that game. You can blame Villarrial or Moulds or even Lindell for that loss, but Clements? No way.

33422[/snapback]

Exactly. Great post.

I never said he doesn't get burnt and I was talking about all cornerbacks in the league.

You gotta remember it has become a more diff. position to play now that the NFL has enforced the P/I rule after five yards.

Besides the Jaguars game where he should have batted the ball down he makes good plays. And his stats wil show that for 02/03

In 02 he caught 6 ints and made 52 tckls

Of course last year the team did play poorly and his stats are not as good but still average 03- 51 tcks and 3ints'

33588[/snapback]

Well, it was a 45 yard gain. So I'm guessing the ball was probably in the

air about 50 yards. How does the P/I rule change have anything to do with

getting burnt that far away from the line?

:huh: