Janis Joplin

rockpile

died October 4, 1970 in a motel in Los Angeles at the age of 27. It is reported she had just about cleaned up her act, but gave in to the temptation, and received a particularly pure form of heroin, and overdosed.

It was a tough year for music, as Jimi Hendrix died September 18th.

This was my senior year of high school.

died October 4, 1970 in a motel in Los Angeles at the age of 27.  It is reported she had just about cleaned up her act, but gave in to the temptation, and received a particularly pure form of heroin, and overdosed.

464514[/snapback]

Old fart.

C'mere so I can hit you with my cane.  :)

464600[/snapback]

Hey, I was responding to erynthered, who was responding to GoBiB, who was responding to you... Of course, you're an old fart too. :)

Oh, and RIP Janis and Jimi.

There is a really, really good concert film that came out last year that you can get on DVD called "Festival Express" about this traveling Canadian Woodstock in the early 70s. It has the Greatful Dead, and Janis and several other bands. The Janis Joplin concert songs, I think there are two of them, maybe three, are simply awesome. The film is worth it just for those. It was also a great idea. All these bands took a train all across Canada, and stopped in the major cities to play concerts there. But they didnt really care for playing the shows, they couldn't wait to get back to this train where they took out all the seats and just set up speakers and stuff, and then they all got stinking drunk and jammed all night long together. And when they ran out of booze they would make the train stop at the next town for a liquor store. It's worth renting.

The Band was on this train, too.

There is a really, really good concert film that came out last year that you can get on DVD called "Festival Express" about this traveling Canadian Woodstock in the early 70s. It has the Greatful Dead, and Janis and several other bands. The Janis Joplin concert songs, I think there are two of them, maybe three, are simply awesome. The film is worth it just for those. It was also a great idea. All these bands took a train all across Canada, and stopped in the major cities to play concerts there. But they didnt really care for playing the shows, they couldn't wait to get back to this train where they took out all the seats and just set up speakers and stuff, and then they all got stinking drunk and jammed all night long together. And when they ran out of booze they would make the train stop at the next town for a liquor store. It's worth renting.

464659[/snapback]

died October 4, 1970 in a motel in Los Angeles at the age of 27.  It is reported she had just about cleaned up her act, but gave in to the temptation, and received a particularly pure form of heroin, and overdosed.

464514[/snapback]

Heh. My mom was 5 months pregnant with me at this time. I do like Janis and Hendrix though :lol:

I don't understand...are you suggesting I smoke a doobie?!?  :lol:

465276[/snapback]

At my age it's more like a Padron Anniversary Series. Preferably dipped in some 20 year old single malt scotch and a 23 year old very athletic brunette DoD intern.

Sometimes it's fun to be the old coot inside the beltway.

OK, she's 26.

At my age it's more like a Padron Anniversary Series. Preferably dipped in some 20 year old single malt scotch and a 23 year old very athletic brunette DoD intern.

Sometimes it's fun to be the old coot inside the beltway.

OK, she's 26.

465304[/snapback]

I wish I was an old coot...lucky old bastard...don't deserve to be *that* lucky :)

I wish I was an old coot...lucky old bastard...don't deserve to be *that* lucky  :)

465327[/snapback]

It's time for a Dev/Null fag Piccard post.

In all seriousness, some of the smart young gals I've met and had the good fortune to work with here are about all I have for hope for the future. Maybe another thread, but they aren't hiring guys. The best candidates for entry level analyst/policy positions are almost always cute females. I've joked with the hiring guys about their wish lists, and it's funny. But overall, they are the best candidates.

I think it's discipline. They are very, very smart, and aren't going to let themselves look like pigs because they find time to work out and eat right. Driven.

To me, that's a good thing. People look at your shoes. Attention to detail. Someone who has the smarts and is well groomed works, DC is hotpockets. Sorry, Dem's. It's not the administration, it's who's who is qualified for the job. And not having greasy hair sometimes works.