Today's Bills Article In The News

Today's article got me excited and frustrated at the same time. I'm tired of buying the hype. After I read it I thought we have a chance at bouncing back. I'm holding out hope that JP has his break out game with 2... count em.. 2 touchdowns against the Fins. We HAVE to beat the Fins. We can't lose to them at home. This is our last chance to bounce back and compete for the division. I'm not saying we'll win the division, I'm just pointing out this could be a good place to start competing for it considering we got the Jets next week.

"Like he did after last year's 0-4 start, Mularkey had the entire team watch film of Sunday's loss to the New Orleans Saints on Monday. He wanted to show the players what they're doing wrong and the things they are doing right. He wanted the offense and defense to watch each other to see how the other half lives.

The players said the film session was positive from a team bonding standpoint and because it let them know they are not far from a breakthrough. As they learned last year, doing the little things mean a lot. "

Argh. It takes watching a bad game to form some team bonding? And we're not far from breaking through? Yeah that's if JP gets real comfortable and real good, and the playcalling stops sucking and the Defense gets off the field on 3rd downs. Those aren't 3 easy things to overcome. Regardless I still think MM's techniques can be effective. We'll see this week if they still work or this team is just not believing anymore.

Mularkey said the offense will come together as Losman matures. But how long will that take? According to Losman, the time is now.

"I'm preparing, I'm progressing slowly. But it's time to get over the hump," he said. "So the next couple of days I'm going to look at myself and find out exactly what I want to do to change. What are you going to do to make this team better? What are you going to do to make this offense roll? What are you going to do personally as a quarterback to get this thing rolling, J.P.? Look at your mistakes. Don't make them again."

I like that this kid is at least realizing he's progressing slowly and needs to re-assess himself. I just wonder how long it'll be when this offense starts to click. It all starts with the O-line giving JP enough time to make good decisions. But when JP's given the time, he's just made bad throws. I hope that is correctable and we can at least show some real progress on offense. If not, we will get blown out by some of the offensive juggernauts we play soon (SD, KC).

I guess the point of this thread is to ask, is it so wrong of me to still get somewhat excited about the Bills? I was about as down as anyone could be on the Bills after this Saints game but I still hold out hope that we will look like a legitimate team soon. I'm not implying a legitimate playoff team. Just a real NFL squad that competes against the upper-tier of the league. All I ask for is progress on JP's behalf and I think we'll get rolling.

This is a great thing to do... I just have to wonder why it isn't happening every week? It has to help keep things in perspective. That should be Day 1 of practice... review every play of the previous game as a team w/ coaches analysis giving feedback. Then work on breaking down the next game...

One question I keep hearing over and over is whether they are trying too hard to stick to a gameplan and not reacting to how the game is actually playing out... and when you see the stats - it really seems they do play closer to a script than a reaction... Willis was pounding it, but they opt to not give it to him - as if afraid of too much success in the running game...

This is a great thing to do...  I just have to wonder why it isn't happening every week?  It has to help keep things in perspective.  That should be Day 1 of practice...  review every play of the previous game as a team w/ coaches analysis giving feedback.  Then work on breaking down the next game...

Monday is film review day every week, but usually review is done in seperate groups, with the positional coaches leading the review. What's different is that the whole team was in the same room reviewing the same film.

It's not wrong. Honestly it would be difficult to watch if you thought there was no chance they could win. I'm tired of the hype too. I don't care what they have to to get it right. If watching film as a team does it great. Whatever it takes. Unfortunately I don't think the young guys and new guys feel the Fins rivalry like Moulds does.......

Guest BackInDaDay
So now they're into bondage? That's just great... :)

464521[/snapback]

I don't think you're taking this seriously young man. :)

Guest BackInDaDay
It's not wrong.  Honestly it would be difficult to watch if you thought there was no chance they could win.  I'm tired of the hype too.  I don't care what they have to to get it right.  If watching film as a team does it great.  Whatever it takes.  Unfortunately I don't think the young guys and new guys feel the Fins rivalry like Moulds does.......

464542[/snapback]

This is no 'love-in'.

When he did it last season he explained that it was a matter of having each guy take their fair share of responsibility for the team's poor start. It's group therapy. Clears the air and creates an atmosphere of accountability. It can also help players to focus on achieving their goals as a player, a unit and a team.

It's one thing to BS your boss.

It's quite another to BS your teammate.

Do you think Ralph sat down with TD and watched performances of Cincinatti and Charlotte to show him what the coaches he interviewed 5 years ago did? Then went over some of the pluses Tom did?

Again, I am not slighting Mularky or any of the players, just the time TD set this organization back...We have little hope of a championship here for minimally 3 years...

Do they make Tom Clements watch the films, while everybody in the room shouts "Why the F*** aren't we running the ball more" everytime he calls a pass.  That to me would  be a good teaching technique.

464567[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

I'll buy that for a dollar!