WWE RAW back on USA Network tonight

I'll give it a shot given most of the bigger names are coming back tonight. Who knows if the actual matches will be decent. Watched it last week on SpikeTV when they were bleeping out when mentioning WHERE they were going. 2nd half of the show, they just let it go.

Hey, the WWE is in an obvious down time, but 6-10 years ago, it was HUGE.  I'm currently watching raw right now on usa, and so far so good.  Foley vs. Orton right now on Piper's Pit

463923[/snapback]

Foley? You mean... Mick Foley?

Did anyone check out the premier of TNA wrestling this past Sat. on Spike?  I thought it was pretty good.  It was nice to see wrestling on TV again since I've given up on the WWE.

465364[/snapback]

TNA is WWE.

Although having the illusion of competition can only help.

TNA is WWE.

Although having the illusion of competition can only help.

465367[/snapback]

How's that? I mean I'm not saying TNA is anything great, but it was the first time in a while I was interested in watching wrestling on TV in a while. I didn't see the Raw homecoming, but I'd be willing to bet there were more matches on TNA in one hour than there were on Raw in 3 hours.

Did anyone check out the premier of TNA wrestling this past Sat. on Spike?  I thought it was pretty good.  It was nice to see wrestling on TV again since I've given up on the WWE.

465364[/snapback]

They need to dump Marty Brown right now. What exactly was that "finisher"?

Have any of you guys ever seen the "Hell in a Cell" match between Mankind/Foley and the Undertaker from the late 90's?

I have that on DVD and I watched it again yesterday.....I've been a fan of wrestling since I was a kid and I've seen a lot of stuff.....but this may be the most brutal, spectacular match I've ever seen.

PS. Best part of last night was Snuka off the top rope! :)

Have any of you guys ever seen the "Hell in a Cell" match between Mankind/Foley and the Undertaker from the late 90's?

I have that on DVD and I watched it again yesterday.....I've been a fan of wrestling since I was a kid and I've seen a lot of stuff.....but this may be the most brutal, spectacular match I've ever seen.

PS. Best part of last night was Snuka off the top rope!  :D

465459[/snapback]

I saw it. Foley can take a ridiculous amount of punishment.

The other one that got me was Angle vs Benoit in the cage. It was the match Angle attempted the backflip from the top of the cage and missed and Benoit landed the flying headbut from 15 feet, knowing BEFORE the match that he was going to have neck surgery within a could of weeks.

Still, nothing tops UFC for entertainment nowadays. Damn is that good stuff.

I saw it. Foley can take a ridiculous amount of punishment.

I didn't see the match but I saw one of those A&E biographies once on that Foley guy.

They were reviewing what I think was that match and then showing him in the locker room afterwards; he was a complete mess. He was talking to teh guy he was wrestling and was so out of it that he was asking him if they had remembered to get out the thumbtacks they were planning to throw around the ring and roll in. Not only could he not even remember if he had used the tacks, while he's asking the guy if they had ever actually got them out, he's sitting their with about 5 dozen thumbtacks sticking out all over his body. :D:D:D

Best part of last night was Snuka off the top rope!

Are you talking about Jimmy the Superfly Snuka?

That guy is still alive?!

How's that?  I mean I'm not saying TNA is anything great, but it was the first time in a while I was interested in watching wrestling on TV in a while.  I didn't see the Raw homecoming, but I'd be willing to bet there were more matches on TNA in one hour than there were on Raw in 3 hours.

465375[/snapback]

I mean that under one name or another, WWE is probably funding TNA and to get it going. Vince knows that wrestling will never be what it was without competition. He'll give TNA what they need to slowly build a strong program that will push a rating war like they used to have with WCW. Worst move he ever made was buying WCW out.