Can someone tell me the difference between

OnTheRocks

Yeah I know....the difference is he sucked in games 2-4.

My question..is there something preventing him from playing as well as he did in game one. I don't see that the Bucs, Falcons, and certainly not the Saints Defense are that superior that he should be struggling so much.

Or is it a situation where he caught lightening in the bottle for the first half against the Texans and after that he used his three wishes....and has none left?

My question..is there something preventing him from playing as well as he did in game one.  I don't see that the Bucs, Falcons, and certainly not the Saints Defense are that superior that he should be struggling so much.

Or is it a situation where he caught lightening in the bottle for the first half against the Texans and after that he used his three wishes....and has none left?

463128[/snapback]

The Texans are really bad

My question..is there something preventing him from playing as well as he did in game one.  I don't see that the Bucs, Falcons, and certainly not the Saints Defense are that superior that he should be struggling so much.

463128[/snapback]

Not much. This is about as easy as describing last years team. Last year, our team was mediocre, and made a run playing a ridiculously easy schedule down the stretch.

This year, JP was average in the first game against the worst team in football (Houston). And he was awful in games 2-4.

It's not harder than that really. He's a bad QB right now (doesn't mean he always will be).

One word: Houston at home = JP Better

or better yet

Houston = RJ

IMHO .......

Game 1 ......... Texans suck ..... they really REALLY suck

Games 2 & 3 ....... The Bucks and Falcons do not suck

Game 4 ...... while the Saints mainly suck, every once in a while they play well. Combine playing semi-well, with a loud "home" crowd, and you get ... not suck so bad.

The Texans are really bad

463132[/snapback]

it is all about hitting open receivers...and the receivers are still getting open.

open receivers against the Texans aren't any different than open receivers against other teams.

JP has not played well at all. But the difference is not our weakness. It is our supposed strength. Our defense. They have one turnover in three games. They cannot stop the run. They commit stupid penalties. Plus, they cannot get off the field on third down. The difference is our defense.

The main difference is our defense. If the D was playing even remotely as well as it did last year. We'd at least 2-2 if not 3-1 right now. The games against Atlanta and NO were definitely within our grasp if the defense came up big only once or twice in those games.

JP was not very good in the first game either. The difference was, the Defense came up big and turned the field in our favor. You're not going to win many games on the road if your offense is starting inside the 10 yard line nearly the entire first half.

The main difference is our defense.  If the D was playing even remotely as well as it did last year.  We'd at least 2-2 if not 3-1 right now.  The games against Atlanta and NO were definitely within our grasp if the defense came up big only once or twice in those games.

JP was not very good in the first game either.  The difference was, the Defense came up big and turned the field in our favor.  You're not going to win many games on the road if your offense is starting inside the 10 yard line nearly the entire first half.

463347[/snapback]

How many turnovers the past three games?

How many turnovers the past three games?

463348[/snapback]

Thats exactly my point, the difference from the 1st game to the next three has been the inability of the defense to come up with any big plays. Hence, the pressure is put on your young QB to make things happen. The defense needs to help out.