Play calling and coaching in general.....

sven233

I have been patient.....very patient. I said I wasn't going to say anything until after the bye week, but well, I am pi**ed off.

I AM PI**ED off.

Not at Losman. Not at McGahee. Not really at the Defense either.

I am pi**ed off at this inept coaching staff. The play calling was terrible today. I am not going to go into detail play by play (we would be here all day) but I just have a couple things to say.

First off, McGahee was averaging about 5 ypc in the 1st quarter (and the rest of the game for that matter) but he doesn't get the ball at all in the 2nd quarter.........and the 3rd quarter, and even the 4th quarter. I don't know what he ended up with, but not giving McGahee the ball 30 times in this game was a huge error. He was running all over the team.

Second........YOU DO NOT PULL LOSMAN IN THIS GAME. PERIOD. Whether you like him or not, you do not pull the guy and put in a guy that is coming off the bench cold. YOU DO NOT ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING BY DOING THIS.

Third.....and this goes back to my first point. You have a 1st year starter at QB. You need to give this guy some help. They are trying to get cute with their play calling and pass the ball all over the field when McGahee is running all over them. Makes no sense.

There is a lot more. I am so pi**ed off at this point. I really was trying very hard to wait to make a determination on this team and was going to accept the growing pains, but I just can't.

And, this defense is very bad. They can't stop running QBs and can't get off the field on 3rd down.

And, no excuse here......but the refs were terrible today as well.

AND FINALLY...........I STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW MCGEE DOES NOT SCORE ON THAT RETURN........It was one of the best plays I have ever seen, but at the same time, it was one of the worst plays I have ever seen.

I have a lot more frustration to vent, but I can't even type anymore.

GO BILLS!

I have been patient.....very patient.  I said I wasn't going to say anything until after the bye week, but well, I am pi**ed off.

I AM PI**ED off.

Not at Losman.  Not at McGahee.  Not really at the Defense either.

I am pi**ed off at this inept coaching staff.  The play calling was terrible today.  I am not going to go into detail play by play (we would be here all day) but I just have a couple things to say.

First off, McGahee was averaging about 5 ypc in the 1st quarter (and the rest of the game for that matter) but he doesn't get the ball at all in the 2nd quarter.........and the 3rd quarter, and even the 4th quarter.  I don't know what he ended up with, but not giving McGahee the ball 30 times in this game was a huge error.  He was running all over the team.

Second........YOU DO NOT PULL LOSMAN IN THIS GAME.  PERIOD.  Whether you like him or not, you do not pull the guy and put in a guy that is coming off the bench cold.  YOU DO NOT ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING BY DOING THIS.

Third.....and this goes back to my first point.  You have a 1st year starter at QB.  You need to give this guy some help.  They are trying to get cute with their play calling and pass the ball all over the field when McGahee is running all over them.  Makes no sense.

There is a lot more.  I am so pi**ed off at this point.  I really was trying very hard to wait to make a determination on this team and was going to accept the growing pains, but I just can't. 

And, this defense is very bad.  They can't stop running QBs and can't get off the field on 3rd down. 

AND FINALLY...........I STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW MCGEE DOES NOT SCORE ON THAT RETURN........It was one of the best plays I have ever seen, but at the same time, it was one of the worst plays I have ever seen.

GO BILLS!

461528[/snapback]

Exactly right !!!! blame Clements !!!

Last week you should blame Clements & that idiot Gray who insisted on blitzing the most mobile qb in the history of the league...

we cannot afford to have our staff lose games !!!!

I have been patient.....very patient.  I said I wasn't going to say anything until after the bye week, but well, I am pi**ed off.

I AM PI**ED off.

I am pi**ed off at this inept coaching staff.  The play calling was terrible today.  I am not going to go into detail play by play (we would be here all day) but I just have a couple things to say.

First off, McGahee was averaging about 5 ypc in the 1st quarter (and the rest of the game for that matter) but he doesn't get the ball at all in the 2nd quarter.........and the 3rd quarter, and even the 4th quarter.  I don't know what he ended up with, but not giving McGahee the ball 30 times in this game was a huge error.  He was running all over the team.

Second........YOU DO NOT PULL LOSMAN IN THIS GAME.  PERIOD.  Whether you like him or not, you do not pull the guy and put in a guy that is coming off the bench cold.  YOU DO NOT ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING BY DOING THIS.

Third.....and this goes back to my first point.  You have a 1st year starter at QB.  You need to give this guy some help.  They are trying to get cute with their play calling and pass the ball all over the field when McGahee is running all over them.  Makes no sense.

There is a lot more.  I am so pi**ed off at this point.  I really was trying very hard to wait to make a determination on this team and was going to accept the growing pains, but I just can't. 

And, this defense is very bad.  They can't stop running QBs and can't get off the field on 3rd down. 

GO BILLS!

461528[/snapback]

Couple this with last weeks failure to throw against a secondary that had a guy signed Monday playing and their best player out and we see a startling trend, THIS STAFF IS JUST PLAIN INEPT!

Exactly right !!!!  blame Clements !!!

Last week you should blame Clements & that idiot Gray who insisted on blitzing the most mobile qb in the history of the league...

we cannot afford to have our staff lose games !!!!

461544[/snapback]

AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING........OUR COACHES LOST THIS GAME, NOT THE PLAYERS.

The scary thing now is that you have to wonder when they start to quit! They play like a beaten team! They play like they know they're going to lose. At least a year ago when the Bills were 0-4 you could argue they were 3-4 plays away from being 3-1 or even 4-0. This team is just bad and getting beaten bad. You have no faith in their performance at all. This thing could get completely out of hand with two losses at home to AFC East rivals. Hopefully in two weeks things change and we're singing a different tune.

The Bright side---all losses are to NFC teams. We are a game better than last year at this point. We still have many games against the AFC East.

I AM PI**ED off.

GO BILLS!

461528[/snapback]

One word...Amen!

Willis should be running the ball 30+ times per game now. Like I've said before you can keep a defense off balance with balance in your running game. You have a GREAT back and a very poor QB at this point. After a great run to start the game why do you attempt a flee flicker? Run Wills left, run Willis right, off tackle, sweeps Left and right, screen passes. This gives us the best chance to win. JP is throwing less, the line is playing to their strength and the team is playing to their strength. Then you free JP up for play action. He has good play fakes which Wyche has helped him with. Throwing constantly and having him fail is NOT helpful. Clements has to change his strategy and quick!