Villarrial wasn't 'winded' last game

stevewin

Just more obfuscation from MM re player status 0:)

Last Sunday, Bills coach Mike Mularkey inadvertently cast a negative light on Chris Villarrial.

The veteran right guard left the game just before a critical fourth down play and didn't return.

Mularkey said at the time that Villarrial left because he was winded when in fact it was severe cramps that kept Villarrial off the field.

"I started cramping up during that last series," Villarrial said. "I just kept going until it got to the point where I had to come out to see if I could get rid of it. It started in the calf and spread to the total body. I couldn't move. I was cramped up on the sideline and I was still cramping up in the locker room.

"I've been a little banged up since the first game and then I cramped up in the last game, so I've been a little frustrated this year. I just have to keep chipping away at it, hydrate myself and keep going."

No word on whether Willis actually severely cramps every 3rd down :(

BN

i dont know if its him, or the whole right side, but thats where the passs rush is comming from.

and to think, i was expecting it to come from the other side.  <_<

459695[/snapback]

Much of it is coming right up the middle and Teague has been the culprit many a time.

Guest BackInDaDay

In the heat of battle, and the post-game after-shock, Coach Mularkey mistakenly interpreted Villareal's dehydration and cramps to be an exhaustion problem.

I don't find that particularly surprising.

More importantly, team trainer(s) had better properly prepare the Bills for the Texas weather. I doubt it will be any cooler than Tampa Bay. <_<

In the heat of battle, and the post-game after-shock, Coach Mularkey mistakenly interpreted Villareal's dehydration and cramps to be an exhaustion problem.

I don't find that particularly surprising.

More importantly, team trainer(s) had better properly prepare the Bills for the Texas weather.  I doubt it will be any cooler than Tampa Bay.  <_<

459833[/snapback]

San Antonio has a dome, if I am not mistaken.

Guest BackInDaDay
San Antonio has a dome, if I am not mistaken.

459836[/snapback]

Well... it's hot getting from the bus to the dome, isn't it? <_<

Thank you JB!