ideal offence for JP?

bbills17

Does anyone else think that an ideal offence for JP to run would be a Denver-style offence with lots of bootlegs, rollouts and quarterback draws? Denver pounds the ball over and over, and then when you start to over-commit Plummer fakes the handoff and rolls out for big gains. Wouldn't this work for JP's skills?

Does anyone else think that an ideal offence for JP to run would be a Denver-style offence with lots of bootlegs, rollouts and quarterback draws?  Denver pounds the ball over and over, and then when you start to over-commit Plummer fakes the handoff and rolls out for big gains.  Wouldn't this work for JP's skills?

459056[/snapback]

Considering that JP was compared to Plummer by TSN that's not a bad idea. Of course I'm not ready to rip the coaching staff apart so quickly as other have as JP has yet to really show what he can do. I mean here's a link to JP's career situational stats. If someone wants to take the time to compare them to Jake Plummer's 3 year average their welcome to but I don't have the time to do it.

I watched that Monday Night game thinking the same exact thing about how JP could run that offense. It sure seems like JP is about as athletic as Plummer. And that entire offensive gameplan on Monday was all Plummer making plays with his feet and arm on the run.

Now if JP can only learn to hit his receivers on stride, then we can seriously discuss this topic. Until then - let's watch him develop.

Now if JP can only learn to hit his receivers on stride, then we can seriously discuss this topic. Until then - let's watch his develop.

You hit the nail right on the head! JP could probably thrive in a many number of offenses, but until he improves his accuracy, it doesnt matter what they're running.

Does anyone else think that an ideal offence for JP to run would be a Denver-style offence with lots of bootlegs, rollouts and quarterback draws?  Denver pounds the ball over and over, and then when you start to over-commit Plummer fakes the handoff and rolls out for big gains.  Wouldn't this work for JP's skills?

459056[/snapback]

does anyone else think "offence" is spelled with an s and not a c?