A victory for democracy!

KD in CA

Wow...great job by the Democrats here, keeping those annoying minor party candidates off the ballot.  Just what the founding fathers had in mind.

I guess they're not worried about 'disenfranchising' the Nader supporters, huh?

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6011571/

32708[/snapback]

That's OK, Alaska Republicans are doing the same thing here.

Wow...great job by the Democrats here, keeping those annoying minor party candidates off the ballot.  Just what the founding fathers had in mind.

I guess they're not worried about 'disenfranchising' the Nader supporters, huh?

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6011571/

32708[/snapback]

Funny. The Republicans and Democrats do everything they can to make sure there are ONLY two parties. Now that one of them takes advantage of the system they both sowed, it's the Dems that are the bad guys.

Also funny that Republicans are trying to get Nader ON the ballot in many states. That's stand-up politics.

Funny. The Republicans and Democrats do everything they can to make sure there are ONLY two parties. Now that one of them takes advantage of the system they both sowed, it's the Dems that are the bad guys.

Also funny that Republicans are trying to get Nader ON the ballot in many states. That's stand-up politics.

32850[/snapback]

Whatever it takes to remain in power and control the purse strings.

That's OK, Alaska Republicans are doing the same thing here.

32828[/snapback]

To who? Nader, Libertarian candidate, KRC??

Not that it matters...it's fuggin' disgusting no matter who or where. Any judge that wouldn't toss this nonsense out of court immediately and fine the attorneys who brought the actions for wasting the courts' time don't deserve to sit on the bench.

To who?  Nader, Libertarian candidate, KRC??

Not that it matters...it's fuggin' disgusting no matter who or where.  Any judge that wouldn't toss this nonsense out of court immediately and fine the attorneys who brought the actions for wasting the courts' time don't deserve to sit on the bench.

33202[/snapback]

Not in the Presidential race - in the race for the Senate seat currently held by Lisa Murkowski. Because a well known Democrat is running (former Governor Tony Knowles), they appealed a superior court decision to keep a Republican Moderate off the ballot. They won.

32850[/snapback]

Imagine someone typing about current events on a current events based board. The nerve. He actually posted about the current day's news item instead of researching something that happened 20 years ago so that he could blame the republicans.

What a lemming. He, should learn that despite touting himself as a conservative, he should only criticize republicans. That along with a profound moniker and avatar could make him look erudite.

Imagine someone typing about current events on a current events based board.  The nerve.  He actually posted about the current day's news item instead of researching something that happened 20 years ago so that he could blame the republicans. 

What a lemming.  He, should learn that despite touting himself as a conservative, he should only criticize republicans.  That along with a profound moniker and avatar could make him look erudite.

33455[/snapback]

Good point. Except that BF is an equal opportunity critic. And hasn't posted anything on the discussion RE the ANG service/memo except to say it's stupid.

Try again.

Good point. Except that BF is an equal opportunity critic. And hasn't posted anything on the discussion RE the ANG service/memo except to say it's stupid. 

Try again.

33469[/snapback]

I think the old guys are getting into the cooking sherry.

This thread is/was about the Florida ballot. How does the ANG thingy relate?

My point was that BF (who reminds me of JA), claims to be a conservative. Despite this, he consistently talks down to the conservatives on the board and criticizes republicans. His criticism of R's is all well and good and is often valid. It is rare in my experience that he ever criticizes a liberal poster, a dem, or even acknowledges they deserve criticism. I find this odd. My guess is that he either finds it erudite or antagonistic (read: fun). From my POV he is wrong either way.

I think the old guys are getting into the cooking sherry.

This thread is/was about the Florida ballot.  How does the ANG thingy relate?

My point was that BF (who reminds me of JA), claims to be a conservative.  Despite this, he consistently talks down to the conservatives on the board and criticizes republicans.  His criticism of R's is all well and good and is often valid.  It is rare in my experience that he ever criticizes a liberal poster, a dem, or even acknowledges they deserve criticism.  I find this odd.  My guess is that he either finds it erudite or antagonistic (read: fun).  From my POV he is wrong either way.

33492[/snapback]

I don't think BF has ever claimed to be a conservative or liberal. He's pretty independant and able to see the forest for the trees on most issues.

I get the same criticism regularly via PMs from the "hard core" conservatives and liberals. I guess I'm doing something right.