Why wasn't Roscoe Parrish Placed on PUP?

donahoeisgod

Was just reading in the Buffalo News this morning that Mularkey stated that Roscoe is due to be checked out this Friday and is likely "2-3 weeks away" from playing. Now excuse me for my naivete about such matters, but if I recall correctly isn't a person placed on the PUP list during training camp eligible to return during the window after week six through week nine which would be Roscoe's anticipated return date?

If I am correct, couldn't we have used that roster spot for a player who could have contributed? Just wondering.

Was just reading in the Buffalo News this morning that Mularkey stated that Roscoe is due to be checked out this Friday and is likely "2-3 weeks away" from playing. Now excuse me for my naivete about such matters, but if I recall correctly isn't a person placed on the PUP list during training camp eligible to return during the window after week six through week nine which would be Roscoe's anticipated return date?

If I am correct, couldn't we have used that roster spot for a player who could have contributed? Just wondering.

458638[/snapback]

Either:

1) Mgmt thinks Parrish will be ready before week 6

2) Everett is already on PUP, and there is a limit to who you can put on it (anyone? anyone?)

Either:

1) Mgmt thinks Parrish will be ready before week 6

2) Everett is already on PUP, and there is a limit to who you can put on it (anyone? anyone?)

458705[/snapback]

Actually, for once VABills is right. You can only go on PUP if the injury happened before camp started.

Actually, for once VABills is right.  You can only go on PUP if the injury happened before camp started.

458719[/snapback]

Even a blind squirrel... :devil:

(Kidding, VA... just kidding....)

I already told you... game 8 and not a game sooner.  I have no clue as to why no PUP.

458677[/snapback]

How many times and ways can you be wrong? It's after six weeks, he can be activated (I am not positive if the NFL counts "weeks" as "games" or not).

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=3023

Either way, a player can be activated for game 7 or perhaps game 6. Also, as VA said, he must be injured before training camp starts to be put on this PUP list.

Furthermore, the team didn't know he wasn't going to be ready by now. You have to actually wait to see how well and how fast these things heel. That's how things work in the real world. Right now, it's taking a little longer than they hoped. That is why you see things like "wrist injuries often take between 6-8 weeks to heal", because they're all different.