Well, Its All come together for Buffalo,

San-O

This is what we've been waiting for?

Five years of rebuilding, free agency, drafting and trades, two coaching

staffs and a # 4 overall pick.

I am not impressed. Ol'e Whitey is has really become reminiscent

of Bobby Beathard when he was in his decline with the Chargers.

It was a downward spiral. Not saying it is going to get that bad,

however how far away is Buffalo the Super Bowl after TD's stint?

Not happy.

:D

The last 5 years there have been 3 Super Bowl champions.  That means 27 other GMs and coaches suck as well.

PTR

456990[/snapback]

Great point. :D

How many teams have NOT even made the playoffs over that span?

After four years, I am troubled that:

1. our o-line needs to be fixed

2. few late round draft picks have contributed

3. the jury is out on the second hc selected by TD after the first one failed

4. we may not have a quarterback for the future

5. we have not made the playoffs (while other teams have rebuilt and made the playoffs)

6. we may have large holes to fill this offseason (o-line and DT)

7. we may lose Clements, creating another large hole

8. our senior management shows such questionnable judgment (thinking that JP could come in a play effectively and consistently and that PW would not be missed)

Clearly, TD has made great moves, such as trading PP to Atlanta. But I feel that we are treading water and not making progress. It is early, and I hope my sense of the situation proves wrong in every way.

This is what we've been waiting for? 

Five years of rebuilding, free agency, drafting and trades, two coaching

staffs and a # 4 overall pick.

I am not impressed.  Ol'e Whitey is has really become reminiscent

of Bobby Beathard when he was in his decline with the Chargers.

It was a downward spiral.  Not saying it is going to get that bad,

however how far away is Buffalo the Super Bowl after TD's stint?

Not happy.

:lol:

456976[/snapback]

Yea, look how great Polian has done in Indy with Manning, Harrison, James et al over the last 6 or 7 years. All those superbowl trips have really established him as a premier GM.

Donahue should really learn from his genius :D oh and all those post-humous awards Butler should be getting for his work in SD. Amazing what a legacy he left AJ Smith.

Shall I continue or do you get the point :w00t: or maybe you have no clue where my post was going, which of course would then validate my hypothesis about your perspective.

I cannot sit and read any longer without adding my input. First, I'm a longtime lurker who has followed the Bills since my days of watching them at the Rockpile. My thoughts on TD are beginning to change for the worse. When Butler left, TD brought his team in and has done a better job with the cap and financials which I'm sure Wilson likes. I felt then that letting chief scout Smith go was a mistake. We have done a fair job in finding talent but not as well as Smith did at SanDiego.

This year may be a total loss with no help from this year's draft or free agency even though we had about $3 million left over. We did not improve by subtraction. To make matters worse is the fact that if we don't start winning we will not sign people we've developed or attract good free agents.

I love the Bills ( since 1960 )and always will so what is done is done and I wll not dwell on what shoulda or coulda and will give my plan for getting the respect we had back.

Salvage this year: Game plan better to use screens, quick outs and elimination of our tendencies. MM must review and hold the OC accountable. Get JP comfortable and confident or alternate with Kelly Holcomb. We need W's. Scan the waiver wire, bring in free agent and look at trade options. Remember the Polian trade for Biscuit? We cannot stand pat.

Add talent next year: My complaint has been that we do not do enough to get the Defensive talent we need to not always have to blitz. The blitz should be used more spareingly, not be our only pressure on the QB. Good defensive lines make all the people behind them better. We need to combine our draft choices to move up and draft fewer but better talent. TD needs to not be so conservative with the bucks and bring in more talent like he did a few years ago. I think now he was let go because he is too fiscally conservative.

Getting more W's: Do we need more or better coaches? Saban seems to have done pretty well. This is a time of specialties and attention to detail.

Conditioning: No one said it before Tampa Bay but I was worried big time that if our D was on the field too long, it was all over. We area cold climate team and no team should have to play in that heat but until we all play in domes we better be the best physically.

Sorry for the rant but a lot has been pent up for a long time. The Bills have the best fans in the league and deserve a SB Victory. These are my simplified (could be more complex and lengthy) ideas and will welcome responses as long as they are civil. Hopfully we turn it around and Go Bills!

Great point.  :D

How many teams have NOT even made the playoffs over that span?

456998[/snapback]

Seven teams:

North South

Pittsburgh Steelers 3 Atlanta Falcons 2

Baltimore Ravens 3 New Orleans Saints 1

Cincinnati Bengals Carolina Panthers 1

Cleveland Browns 1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3

South North

Indianapolis Colts 4 Green Bay Packers 4

Jacksonville Jaguars Minnesota Vikings 2

Houston Texans Detroit Lions

Tennessee Titans 3 Chicago Bears 1

East East

New England Patriots 3 Philadelphia Eagles 5

New York Jets 3 Dallas Cowboys 1

Buffalo Bills New York Giants 2

Miami Dolphins 2 Washington Redskins

West West

San Diego Chargers 1 Seattle Seahawks 2

Denver Broncos 3 St. Louis Rams 4

Kansas City Chiefs Arizona Cardinals

Oakland Raiders 3 San Francisco 49ers 2

Sorry if it's not clear, but those are the teams and their playoff appearances in the last five years. Of the seven that missed, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Washington, and Detroit all look like they have at least a passing shot at the playoffs. That could leave Buffalo in the company of the woeful Cardinals and the Texans, who have only existed for three of those five years. And don't claim anything else - the Bills have fell to the level of the Cards and the Bengals of the last decade. And even if only three teams won the Superbowl, 8 made it. And of the seven who haven't sniffed the playoffs, none have kept their GM through the whole stretch. At least they're trying to get better. (I know, technically the Bills switched after the first year.)