OK, I'll join the fray.

Ghost of BiB

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you are getting chesty with her when she smiles?

I think that this testosterone is directly related to your "secret formula" wrt the football pool. You know, the one where you won't tell us how you are picking all these winners!

Be advised, I am launching an investigation. I am going to use my skills and find out how you are doing this.  :w00t:  :D  :(  :lol:

457059[/snapback]

Like I'm scared of dried up old farts....

Oh...wait a minute, that was a mirror?

Sorry, my bad...thought it was you. I think I'll get a haircut.

Come on CL! Give us your views. How about a synopsis on the state of the Bills OL, past and present!  :lol:

You know as much as we do, believe me.  :w00t:

457070[/snapback]

I made a few observations last night after I watched the 1st half of the game. Nobody replied. :(

:D

Start now planning to those goals, whether it be operations, personnel, whatever. We'll still likely go about 7-9 to 9-7 and who knows? But next year? No excuses.

456855[/snapback]

I'm not for a COMPLETE overhaul of this team, but I have to say if we don't make the playoffs this year, I expect at least a few major changes. We've been saying this for the past 4 seasons now. In '02 the offense went nuts for 8 weeks tailed off a bit... but the D picked up, we finish 8-8 and said "ok this is a great improvement now next year we'll take the next step and be a serious playoff team..." We add Spikes, Adams, Milloy, etc. and after 2 weeks many around the league thought we were serious SB contenders. Then everything goes to hell again and we say "ok... we'll get rid of Williams and make some changes here and NEXT year we'll make a move" 2004... repeat the process, now we're looking toward '05 as FINALLY being the year we step up, no excuses. I just don't believe we can say that again and give this current formula another year. This season's early and as bad as things look right now, we could go on a tear, we still have a lot of talent, despite losing perhaps the best player we've had in recent memory. But if we end up with another season outside of the playoff picture that is just 1 too many to accept and look forward to the following season. Something has to change.

Write it off. I'm not saying give up, but DON'T try to create stop gap measures in a bid to have some kind of playoff spot that you'll likely lose in the first or second round. Other teams are improving, we keep treading water. Win where you can, but for damn sake stick with something for a while. This team has more than a couple of holes. Bring in the football version of QA/QC and use the season as a laboratory. Figure out, REALLY figure out what the team needs to be successful. Start now planning to those goals, whether it be operations, personnel, whatever. We'll still likely go about 7-9 to 9-7 and who knows? But next year? No excuses.

Unless this offensive line crap gets fixed, nothing else is going to happen. Interior D line acts like the revolving door at the mall. Fix it. We're good on receivers - no more speedy little draft choices. Staff - you wanted Losman, you got him. We've been screwed for several years with QB play. Whatever is wrong, fix it. Don't dance around it.

Yup, once again, don't make dumb stopgap moves. It's about time 1BD really make an effort to round out the team. If quality has to be cut somewhere to bring another facet of the game up, cinch the belt and do it.

Much is true but I think it's time TD left the building. In 5 plus years no playoffs and we just sit and continue to wait. I don't know about anyone else but I really miss seeing the Bills in the playoffs. He's had his chances and blown it bigtime.

I just have a concern that we will have another year of close, and should have beens, but barring a miracle they won't get there. Then, without the right kind of mindset, we'll have another off season of stop gap, mysterious and sometimes flashy moves to keep us right where we are.

Power running game? Behind THAT line with a QB not fooling anyone? Anyone want more than 2 seasons out of WM? Scrambling, accurate QB with a rifle arm?

Fix it.

456855[/snapback]

Think I'll watch the 2nd half now.

457093[/snapback]

2nd half observations so far:

I know why MM didn't go for it on 4th and 2 from the 8 now. The announcers said that MM said he would always take the points when we're in the red zone.

I hate Deangelo Hall. That was definately interference on E. Moulds when they threw the flag.....and then picked it up when Hall started whining. We knew it was at the game....and I've seen it proven on tape.

Now I'm PO'd again and there's still 3:22 left in the 3rd. :D

Fair questions.  :D

First, whether right or wrong, I was all for drafting McKinnie. "Draft McKinnie" was my signature for months, and ICE used to freak over it. I supported drafting MW as a fan, but never thought it smart nor conventional to give this kind of money to a RT.

You have no choice but to pay that money for an Ol who was the 4th overall pick in the draft.

CV was a great signing. Anderson? The jury is still out, wouldn't you say?

No fall off in performance? How can you tell? JP has thrown for poor yardage and no long balls, unless you are one who considers the 30 yard pass to Evans a "bomb."

JP is not playing well. Yes, he is young, but I contend that he would play better behind an offensive line with talent.

457041[/snapback]

The fall off in performance I'm looking for is by the OL, not the QB. Losman has had more time in the backfield than Bledsoe did, and I think that the run blocking is superior to last year. I don't think that we should discount that our RBs gained 151 yards in a loss. The line largely did its job on Sunday.

The QB didn't. But we knew there'd be games like this (or at least many of did)

Another factoid that we're missing is the absense of Parrish. I see a lot of formations with #11's name all over them. Sucks for us that it's Not So Fast Freddie running them.

One play in particular has me salivating. It was the 3rd & short play where Smith got the handoff and Gandy was lead blocking. Gandy blew up the CB, but Smith was too stupid to take the outside route. Parrish's speed would have guaranteed a 1st down, with a good potential to take it to the house, since the entire defense was stacked to the left.

I have to give kudos to the coaches for putting the plays in the game, so at least Losman & the line can execute them.

You have no choice but to pay that money for an Ol who was the 4th overall pick in the draft.

The fall off in performance I'm looking for is by the OL, not the QB.  Losman has had more time in the backfield than Bledsoe did, and I think that the run blocking is superior to last year.  I don't think that we should discount that our RBs gained 151 yards in a loss.  The line largely did its job on Sunday.

The QB didn't.  But we knew there'd be games like this (or at least many of did)

457135[/snapback]

I just rewatched the 1st half and call me a homer, but I thought the offense played VERY well. While they certainly didn't play a perfect half, they played better than their press.

The OL gave Losman plenty of time and opened up plenty of holes for WM. They did allow pressure that ended the 2nd drive (FG) and on 3rd down of the 4th drive (punt).

The offense scored 3 out of 4 times.

WRT JP, I saw him make two 1st downs with his feet, prudently throw a ball away in the red zone, accurately hit several receivers on short routes, threw 2 long balls that drew PI (EM would have come down with one of them) and on a whole - he managed the offense rather well. His numbers weren't big, but he played better than they indicated. He did miss seeing a wide open EM.

I have not rewatched the 2nd half, which was much weaker than the 1st . I would not count the 1st and 2nd quarters as part of 10 consecutive bad ones by JP.

WRT JP, I saw him make two 1st downs with his feet, prudently throw a ball away in the red zone, accurately hit several receivers on short routes, threw 2 long balls that drew PI (EM would have come down with one of them) and on a whole - he managed the offense rather well.  His numbers weren't big, but he played better than they indicated.  He did miss seeing a wide open EM.

457184[/snapback]

I saw the same thing.

Just re-watched the second half. JP took some pretty hard shots.

One play in particular has me salivating.  It was the 3rd & short play where Smith got the handoff and Gandy was lead blocking.  Gandy blew up the CB, but Smith was too stupid to take the outside route.  Parrish's speed would have guaranteed a 1st down, with a good potential to take it to the house, since the entire defense was stacked to the left.

457135[/snapback]

I disagree here. Gandy got in the way, but after he hit him, Gandy was laying on the ground and the CB Cash was still on his feet.

Smith SHOULD have taken it outside, but it would have been for naught anyway. The safety was closing fast and would have stopped him after maybe another yard or two - well short of the 1st down.

I'll just keep posting in this thread....

The 1st two series ended with another score (4 out of 5) and with a bogus non-call on a nicely thrown ball to EM. Losman badly over threw LE, but hit EM in stride on 3rd down. The refs picked up the flag and we punted.

So, drives 1-6 were pretty good in my book...