Some nerve

blzrul

link Those poor, overworked members of Congress.  They sure deserve it.

Ever notice how, even if they enter Congress as a regular Joe or Jane, many of them come out millionaires (many, not all)?

What's so ironic is that this happened the same day that the U of IL report on lost high-tech jobs is being discussed everywhere, hundreds of thousands of good jobs gone forever, with unemployment in high tech centers like Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco over 6% ... and these guys think they deserve a cost of living raise.

Chutzpah.  Check the vote roster and vote out the "yea's".  :lol:

32316[/snapback]

Do a little searching, blz, and discover which party passed the enabling legislation... :lol:

What's so ironic is that this happened the same day that the U of IL report on lost high-tech jobs is being discussed everywhere, hundreds of thousands of good jobs gone forever, with unemployment in high tech centers like Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco over 6% ... and these guys think they deserve a cost of living raise.

32316[/snapback]

But that was Bush's fault, not Congress', wasn't it? :lol::lol:

Yeah, Texas is *really* screwed up.

/sarcasm

The state is growing by leaps and bounds.  Austin is set to DOUBLE in size in the next 20 years or so.  Houston is the fourth biggest city in the U.S.  Dallas and San Antonio are booming as well.

Texas is an awful place if you hate low taxes and lots of really good jobs.

32405[/snapback]

Funny you should brag on Austin. Austin is a wild, wacky and EXTREMELY LIBERAL city. So what does that say about people flocking there? hmmmmm. The years I lived in Dallas I always marvelled at how the capitol of such a conservative state could be so liberal.

But that was Bush's fault, not Congress', wasn't it?  :lol:  :lol:

32574[/snapback]

Who said anything about Bush? I'm talking about insensitivity and boorishness....hmm on second thought maybe I should have mentioned Bush.

Go bait hooks, you're wasting your time on me.

Who said anything about Bush?  I'm talking about insensitivity and boorishness....hmm on second thought maybe I should have mentioned Bush. 

Go bait hooks, you're wasting your time on me.

32841[/snapback]

Did you find out which party passed the ligislation that allowed only a "no" vote to halt the automatic increase, yet?

80%? Wow, you really are conservative, aren't you?

33275[/snapback]

Not really. It's pretty much a given that 80% of people who vote are hard core Democrats or Republicans. They'll follow these parties off the cliff before they think for themselves.

My politics are issue centered. That's one reason I can't belong to either of these entities. The other is they lie - pretty much about everything.

They'll follow these parties off the cliff before they think for themselves.

I am in full agreement with that. I was just implying that if I were to pick a percentage of people who were compelled to blindly cheer/vote their team/party, it would likely have started with a 9 as opposed to an 8..... i.e. your estimate was conservative.

Cya

Who said anything about Bush?  I'm talking about insensitivity and boorishness....hmm on second thought maybe I should have mentioned Bush. 

32841[/snapback]

Ummmm...you do. Constantly. This is the first time I've ever seen you blame job losses on anything other than Bush.

I am in full agreement with that. I was just implying that if I were to pick a percentage of people who were compelled to blindly cheer/vote their team/party, it would likely have started with a 9 as opposed to an 8..... i.e. your estimate was conservative.

Cya

33388[/snapback]

For once, I was being nice. Point taken. :)

Ummmm...you do.  Constantly.  This is the first time I've ever seen you blame job losses on anything other than Bush.

33449[/snapback]

The point of my thread was not to talk about who's to blame for job losses but to talk about how insensitive these people are.

I forget how impervious AND insensitive many of the people on this board are. And how they immediately let their prejudices take over and jump to conclusions.

Regarding who passes the legislation that allows Congress to do this, I guess it must have been a Democratically-controlled Congress in the past. But that doesn't mean that THIS Congress has to exercise the right at THIS time.

That's like saying that just because assault weapons are now legal, I can go acquire one and shoot people with it. Gun owners are fond of saying that people can be trusted to do the right thing with their arms and be responsible. So I don't see why Congress shouldn't be held to the same standards that we hold ourselves - there's a time and place, and this is neither.

But I'm not wasting my time trying to make YOU understand my point of view. It's not worth it.