Parrish and Everett - will make a difference

CJPearl2

Think how much better our office will be with Parrish's speed (think of him with the redzone pitch instead of Freddie Smith).

Everett is a protype NFL TE - his can turn into JP's safety net.

453822[/snapback]

As much of a Roscoe believer I am, I don't think he will help our office much. Maybe offense, maybe.

I appreciate your optimism, but I don''t think a couple of rookies will have that great of an impact.

What was with that call to "Not so fast" Freddie Smith on a critical third down. He just ran left, tripped and fell down. <_<

I agree with everett or any te with solid speed and hands would help losman out a lot. Our current te's are slower than molasses. Parrish I'm unsure about as losman has not shown the ability to be accurate throwing to wr's yet. A good safety valve is an especially important part in the development of a young qb ala crumpler with vick. A Good te will make much bigger difference then a #3 wr.

A good safety valve is an especially important  part in the development of a young qb ala crumpler with vick.  A Good te will make much bigger difference then a #3 wr.

453845[/snapback]

Vick had 5 safety valves on every play. He'd calmly budge sideways from our blitzers, make a throw you thought was going nowhere, and BAM! Complete. Excellent pocket prescence, and barring that, excellent scrambling. If you compared the QBs today, one's got it down, and one just didn't (tho I think it'll just take him time to learn it, as it did for Vick).

I don't know if Everett can come right in and be that kind of guy. Campbell actually had a chance on one dump-off pass, that he usually catches, but he was tripped up.

Would that you're right, but since Evans and Moulds aren't making much of a difference, how do you figure two rookies will?

Apparently Josh Reed is turning into JP's first-look guy. Josh Reed.

453844[/snapback]

They could have an enormous impact even if they don't post big numbers. Opposing defenses will be forced to respect their speed and it will likely pull some coverage away from Evans and Moulds.

yeah, I don't think the problem at this point is lack of offensive weapons.

453850[/snapback]

I disagree. The Bills have no speed offensively. Evans is fast, but if you can shut him down, who else is a downfield threat? Moulds was three or four years ago. He's not anymore. Reed and Aiken have very average speed. TEs? Campbell has good hands and finds ways to get open, but you could probably time him in the 40 with a sundial. Euhus isn't much better. The fact that the Bills drafted Parrish and Everett when they had an expansion caliber offensive line is evidence that the Bills coaching staff and management feels they have a major lack of speed as well.

They could have an enormous impact even if they don't post big numbers.  Opposing defenses will be forced to respect their speed and it will likely pull some coverage away from Evans and Moulds.

453882[/snapback]

Not if they can just bull-rush JP b/w our very own matadors, especially Chris V, but ESPECIALLY Trey Teague. They had a time-clock and the D was on him in 0.9 seconds. That was just ugly.

What is the common link from where Ds were pressuring Drew last year? Say what you want about Teague and his knowledge and leadership but he's either getting pushed to the side or into the backfield. He wasn't worth that $2M roster bonus and he's not going to be here next year.

They certainly will help.

How much remains to be seen. Yet, Roscoe is a game changer, and I think that Everett could be a steal in the third round. Larry Coker thought that he was ever bit as good as the string of TEs the Canes have had recently.

Not if they can just bull-rush JP b/w our very own matadors, especially Chris V, but ESPECIALLY Trey Teague. They had a time-clock and the D was on him in 0.9 seconds. That was just ugly.

What is the common link from where Ds were pressuring Drew last year? Say what you want about Teague and his knowledge and leadership but he's either getting pushed to the side or into the backfield. He wasn't worth that $2M roster bonus and he's not going to be here next year.

453912[/snapback]

You'll get no argument from me. I think the Bills need to clean house from LT to C, and actually invest a few draft picks over there. I know, its horrible to say, but a few talented players would be nice.

You'll get no argument from me.  I think the Bills need to clean house from LT to C,  and actually invest a few draft picks over there.  I know,  its horrible to say,  but a few talented players would be nice.

453944[/snapback]

Horrible to say? No, just realistic.

The OL weakness hasn't been adequately addressed in a long time, and I think it's hammered home to everyone but TD (I think he knows it, but the pickings were slim in the offseason) by now that you can't draft one first-rounder and sign a couple of drift-offs and think everything's fixed. We've been paying the piper for several seasons now. McNally may be a great OL coach, but you can't make bricks without clay.

Horrible to say? No, just realistic.

The OL weakness hasn't been adequately addressed in a long time, and I think it's hammered home to everyone but TD (I think he knows it, but the pickings were slim in the offseason) by now that you can't draft one first-rounder and sign a couple of drift-offs and think everything's fixed. We've been paying the piper for several seasons now. McNally may be a great OL coach, but you can't make bricks without clay.

453985[/snapback]

There was a little sarcasm there aimed at the Bills front office. I'm beginning to believe that they think its a sin to have a good OL.