State of the Bills Version 2.0

Mikie2times

1. JP is not playing well, big surprise huh? He is young and obviously needs to improve. If we wanted to go with Holcomb this year we would have done it at the start. At this point JP is our QB and no matter how much you think you know football it's impossible to tell if he is going to be a player after just 3 games.

2. The offensive line is in shambles. Even when were healthy across the aboard we aren't very good. We have no depth, and haven't been able to pass block since the early 90's. Even the most TD obsessed fans can look at what he has invested in this line and puke. No early draft picks other then Big Mike and Jonas Jennings. Skilled players sell seats, lineman win games, I really wan to start winning games.

3. You can spin it or slice it anyway you want, we miss Pat Williams badly. How else can you explain us getting run on like we have? Every other starter returned from a unit that allowed one 100 yard rusher all last season. Now we get spanked for 200+ back to back weeks. We are overcompensating for the loss of Pat by Run Blitzing 75% of the time. That’s great when you get the penetration to disrupt the play, but if he don't your looking at a big gain.

3. You can spin it or slice it anyway you want, we miss Pat Williams badly. How else can you explain us getting run on like we have? Every other starter returned from a unit that allowed one 100 yard rusher all last season. Now we get spanked for 200+ back to back weeks. We are overcompensating for the loss of Pat by Run Blitzing 75% of the time. That’s great when you get the penetration to disrupt the play, but if he don't your looking at a big gain.

453429[/snapback]

Except that all the big runs we got buirned on weren't up the middle. They were misdirection plays where our D got caught overpursuing in the wrong direction. For the most part, we still stuff the middle. It's our 3rd down D that's horrible. 3rd & 20? No problem!

PTR

Except that all the big runs we got buirned on weren't up the middle.  They were misdirection plays where our D got caught overpursuing in the wrong direction.  For the most part, we still stuff the middle.  It's our 3rd down D that's horrible.  3rd & 20?  No problem!

PTR

453445[/snapback]

I don't know anymore PTR, I just don't see us getting penetration with our interior line like we did last year. We have been killed by cutback runs, I will agree with that, but the defense just doesn’t look the same. I like being aggressive but not when it's out of control, and that’s what we looked like today.

1.  JP is not playing well, big surprise huh? He is young and obviously needs to improve.  If we wanted to go with Holcomb this year we would have done it at the start. At this point JP is our QB and no matter how much you think you know football it's impossible to tell if he is going to be a player after just 3 games. 

2. The offensive line is in shambles. Even when were healthy across the aboard we aren't very good. We have no depth, and haven't been able to pass block since the early 90's. Even the most TD obsessed fans can look at what he has invested in this line and puke. No early draft picks other then Big Mike and Jonas Jennings. Skilled players sell seats, lineman win games, I really wan to start winning games.

453429[/snapback]

Thank you- its nice to see that somebody actually understands what is going on.....listening to the postgame is making Buffalo fans look bad