JP bashers don't see the real problems.

Max Fischer

Seriously, did you really expect to win with JP this year if you knew that ANY of the following would happen?:

1. The Defense played average at best.

2. The Defense could not stop the run. What 200 yards two weeks in a row?

3. The Defense STILL can't stop the 3rd and long.

4. The "Offensive" Line can't pass block for more than two and half seconds.

5. Either the WRs cannot get separation (either due to the player or play design).

JP is a rookie. And we cannot expect a Rookie to win the game and play from behind all the time.

JP is no different than any other rookie, he can only play as well as those around him. He CAN'T carry the friggin team. Neither Manning, Palmer, Farve or any other rookie has EVER done that (ok, maybe Marino).

JP will get better when the TEAM gets better. Don't expect any different from Holcumb or any other QB.

I don't remember the last time I said anything negative about the defense.....but they really sh-- the bed today. At one point Atlanta was 6 of 8 on 3rd down.....Just an unacceptable performance from them today. This was the first game I've been able to see live on tv since the Pittsburgh game....it left me feeling pretty much the same way. I felt like vomiting most of the second half.

Seriously, did you really expect to win with JP this year if you knew that ANY of the following would happen?:

1.  The Defense played average at best.

2.  The Defense could not stop the run.  What 200 yards two weeks in a row?

3.  The Defense STILL can't stop the 3rd and long.

4.  The "Offensive" Line can't pass block for more than two and half seconds.

5.  Either the WRs cannot get separation (either due to the player or play design).

JP is a rookie.  And we cannot expect a Rookie to win the game and play from behind all the time.

JP is no different than any other rookie, he can only play as well as those around him. He CAN'T carry the friggin team.  Neither Manning, Palmer, Farve or any other rookie has EVER done that (ok, maybe Marino).

JP will get better when the TEAM gets better.  Don't expect any different from Holcumb or any other QB.

453085[/snapback]

I think the order is wrong but agree on major points. Main issues I am seeing in last two games is lousy play calling. I understand that Atl had a whole new secondary but starting the game off with two bombs in a row isnt a way to get a young WB into the flow of a game. McNally is failing big as OL coach these guys stink at pass blocking. We keep trying down the field passes instead of quick ins, outs, screens and slants to get JP in the flow.

the running game was working - no way they only score 16 - the Falcons has DB's that were on the street 2 weeks ago - Losman sucked - there is no other way to say it.

453111[/snapback]

Losman did suck, but MM and TC were idiots for taking the ball out of McGahee's hands....why go away from the run game???? We're only down by 8 for gosh sakes? DAMMIT that pissed me off.....

I think the order is wrong but agree on major points.  Main issues I am seeing in last two games is lousy play calling.    I understand that Atl had a whole new secondary but starting the game off with two bombs in a row isnt a way to get a young WB into the flow of a game.    McNally is failing big as OL coach these guys stink at pass blocking.  We keep trying down the field passes instead of quick ins, outs, screens and slants to get JP in the flow.

453100[/snapback]

There is no order. I'll stress again: if we expected ANY those things to happen we can not expect JP to do anything about it.

Moreover, I agree, the play calling has taken a huge step back. No quick slants, not much play action, no reverses -- in other words, very little to make the defense hesitate a bit on the pass rush.

Also, I think sometimes you need to take the "decision-making" away from a rookie, give him less of a progression, go for the quick hit.

JP is a really inaccurate passer.

453122[/snapback]

You know, it sure seems that way. Did anyone watch him at Tulane? I'm too lazy to go look up the stats... how'd he do? Of course, the fact that he's got about 1.4 seconds each time he drops back to let the play take form and setup to toss, doesn't help. :doh:

You know, it sure seems that way. Did anyone watch him at Tulane?  I'm too lazy to go look up the stats... how'd he do?  Of course, the fact that he's got about 1.4 seconds each time he drops back to let the play take form and setup to toss, doesn't help.  :doh:

453280[/snapback]

Exactly!...I thought it was more like 1.2 seconds...but who's counting.