Deja Vu All Over Again

blzrul

link These are very limited data points so one wouldn't jump to conclusion. BUT after watching traffic sitting for 14+ hours for the past two days, gas shortages and etc. one would think the only thing learned from Katrina is panic.

Hopefully Rita won't be as devastating.

link  These are very limited data points so one wouldn't jump to conclusion.  BUT after watching traffic sitting for 14+ hours for the past two days, gas shortages and etc. one would think the only thing learned from Katrina is panic.

452027[/snapback]

You're kidding me right. You're comparing people stuck for 14 hours in gridlock (status quo here in LA) to people drowning and being stuck in their attics for days. And I love the fact that you jump to conclusions after stating in the previous sentence that one shouldn't jump to conclusions. Classic!! :lol:

link  These are very limited data points so one wouldn't jump to conclusion.  BUT after watching traffic sitting for 14+ hours for the past two days, gas shortages and etc. one would think the only thing learned from Katrina is panic.

452027[/snapback]

"Why hasn't everything the government does changed in the past three weeks???"

Give me a friggin' break. :lol:

But Bush started that bus I fire.  I am sure he did it.  Even though we friggen saw Bush at 1200 today.  Oh yeah I guess you didn't Tom, you went upstairs to work.

452113[/snapback]

Obviously Bush failed to have firefighters properly stationed on the side of the highway to put out any bus fires that were bound to occur.

BUSH BAD!!!!

BUSH BAAAAAAAAAAAAADDD!!!!!! :lol::lol::P

Obviously Bush failed to have firefighters properly stationed on the side of the highway to put out any bus fires that were bound to occur.

BUSH BAD!!!!

BUSH BAAAAAAAAAAAAADDD!!!!!!      :lol:  :P  ;)

452117[/snapback]

Well I thought he had the gas trucks there to pour more gas on buses that exploded. :lol:

Your rush to defensiveness is soooo very telling. As usual.

Who said anything about GOVERNMENT? Eh? Is it the government stuck in the traffic jam? Nope. It's the folks who waited a bit too long and then didn't think out where to go. It's the people who forgot that the reason they had all those Katrina victims in the first place was because those people had no-where to go, and no money to go there, in August.

Dealing with you simpletons is often like shooting fish in a barrel. You rise to the bait even when there is none.

Your rush to defensiveness is soooo very telling.  As usual.

Who said anything about GOVERNMENT? Eh?  Is it the government stuck in the traffic jam?  Nope.  It's the folks who waited a bit too long and then didn't think out where to go.  It's the people who forgot that the reason they had all those Katrina victims in the first place was because those people had no-where to go, and no money to go there, in August.

Dealing with you simpletons is often like shooting fish in a barrel.  You rise to the bait even when there is none.

452142[/snapback]

Your blather is just like most loony Liberals, spitting all over the place. You may want to learn how to respond to someone specifically. But then again, you generally puke all over the place anyway. Nice spray :lol:

Your rush to defensiveness is soooo very telling.  As usual.

Who said anything about GOVERNMENT? Eh?  Is it the government stuck in the traffic jam?  Nope.  It's the folks who waited a bit too long and then didn't think out where to go.  It's the people who forgot that the reason they had all those Katrina victims in the first place was because those people had no-where to go, and no money to go there, in August.

Dealing with you simpletons is often like shooting fish in a barrel.  You rise to the bait even when there is none.

452142[/snapback]

Not quite sure what you're point was the first post. Now I really have no idea what you're talking about. :lol:

Oh and by the way, were did I mention the government. Oh I didn't, I guess that means I'm not a simpleton.....

Did we learn from Katrina?

I learned that looting is OK as long as you're a minority.

I also learned that local and state officials don't really have to do anything because they can just pass the blame on to the President when all hell breaks lose.

A third thing I learned is that the term "refugee" is somehow racist. At least, according to Jesse Jackson.

I already knew the mainstream media was hopeless and pathetic but Katrina somehow made them seem even more hopeless and pathetic. "10,000 dead! 25,000 body bags!!!! NEVERMIND!!!!!!"

This thread is seriously retarded.

I agree with the people who say that it takes more then 3 weeks to recover and learn from a disaster.

In fact, this thread reminds me a lot of the idiots in Austin. I went grocery shopping on Friday, not worrying about the Hurricane, because I had been following events and knew we weren't in any danger.

The HEB north of the UT campus was out of bread, bottled water, and almsot out of peanut butter. I got the last 3 boxes of mac and cheese - sh-- I normally get as a poor college student.

Its ridiculous that people went apeshit over this. Sure, I was as concerned as anybody over Katrina, but I still didnt' blow a gasket attemptingot "prepare" for this storm.

One of my roommate's parents who lived in Houston decided to buy a generator - only to evacuate to Austin 2 days before the storm. They maxed out their credit cards buying supplies - AND THEN DECIDED TO EVACUATE.

God people piss me off.