Greise's 3 step drop

seadog

Seems like the 3 step drop worked pretty well against our defense. The pass rush could'nt get there in time and the db's were giving some cushion. Mcgee seemed to play it pretty well when he got the jump on a couple of the passes. I hope Grey adjust to this better in the future. Maybe because Fletcher was out, they could'nt get enough pressure? The Bucs line is very young and our inability to handle them concerns me. Hopefully it was just the heat that effected our linemen and their ability to get any push on defense and offense.

Seems like the 3 step drop worked pretty well against our defense. The pass rush could'nt get there in time and the db's were giving some cushion. Mcgee seemed to play it pretty well when he got the jump on a couple of the passes. I hope Grey adjust to this better in the future. Maybe because Fletcher was out, they could'nt get enough pressure? The Bucs line is very young and our inability to handle them concerns me. Hopefully it was just the heat that effected our linemen and their ability to get any push on defense and offense.

451043[/snapback]

I think they were afraid of the run. The D-line lookd like butter....

I don't think the three-step drop worked "well," exactly. We only allowed 150-something passing yards--30 of which came on one 5-step drop pass play. Our problem was stopping the run--if the Bucs didn't run with so much success, then their passing game wasn't going to save them.

We need to stop the run on Sunday; our pass defense is fine.

I don't think the three-step drop worked "well," exactly. We only allowed 150-something passing yards--30 of which came on one 5-step drop pass play. Our problem was stopping the run--if the Bucs didn't run with so much success, then their passing game wasn't going to save them.

We need to stop the run on Sunday; our pass defense is fine.

451086[/snapback]

And the reason we couldn't stop the run? The offense couldn't stay on the field.

The Bills get even two or three first downs in the first quarter and it's a different game.

And the reason we couldn't stop the run?  The offense couldn't stay on the field.

The Bills get even two or three first downs in the first quarter and it's a different game.

451122[/snapback]

EXACTLY. I'm not a bit concerned about the defense. I just was hoping that the offense could at least be AVERAGE. So far I have been a little bit disappointed, but the year is still young.

451043[/snapback]

Michael Vick never throws a ball of a 3 step drop...He will hold on to the ball

for eternity (with his speed and quickness) and wait for the receiver to get

open....

If we stop Vick from running around....we should do ok.....It is up to Jeff

Posey to spy on Vick and keep him in check...Of course there is abig work

on Fletchers shoulders to stop Warrick Dunn from running away with the game.