Willis eating humble pie this week

jester43

How loyal are you to your company?  If another company offers you alot more money you wouldn't leave?  Sure you wouldn't.  :lol:

I love the ideology people put on athletes because they happen to play for their favorite team.

450427[/snapback]

Well, if I were sick and needed treatments for a year, but the company hired me anyway, gave me the time off, and paid me full salary, I might feel a little loyalty.

But athletes are different. The feel entitled. In short, don't blame WM. The front office took a chance and signed him for x dollars over 4 years (or whatever), and had to understand that they were really signing him for x dollars for 3 years before free agency (and a year down the road to boot). Time will tell whether he was worth a #1, x/3 dollars a year, and only 3 years of service.

Well,  if I were sick and needed treatments for a year,  but the company hired me anyway, gave me the time off, and paid me full salary,  I might feel a little loyalty.

But athletes are different.  The feel entitled.  In short, don't blame WM.  The front office took a chance and signed him for x dollars over 4 years (or whatever), and had to understand that they were really signing him for x dollars for 3 years before free agency (and a year down the road to boot).  Time will tell whether he was worth a #1,  x/3 dollars a year, and only 3 years of service.

452379[/snapback]

Regardless of expectations of Fans and the media, there really aren't a lot of #1 picks that come right in and start and are very productive. And usually they start on crappy teams because the young veteran in front of them sucks worse. Willis was a #23 pick. It's not all that much different than Losman at #21 not being expected to play his rookie season. Yeah, you can say that Willis is a running back and running back is the easiest position to play immediately. But then you'd also have to consider that Travis was ahead of him and playing well that season, so Willis wasn't likely to play a lot even if he was healthy. That said, you're right that time will tell if he was worth the choice and the money. But it SURELY looks that way now, especially considering who else was available at that pick.

Well stated. If the hole isn't there, then put your head down and pick up the available 2-3 yards. You might even break a tackle and get a big run out of it. Quit dancing around east-west, waiting for the red sea to part, ala Antowain Smith. The OL can only be blamed so much.

450221[/snapback]

WM's problem is that those bad habits got him 1000 yards against undisciplined defenses during last year's win streak. Against TB the hole, the cutback and the bounce out were all covered because each defender stayed home and carried out his assignment more often than not.

As soon as I heard them making such statements I had a sick feeling the Bucs were going to make them eat their words. The Bills and their players boasting to the media have never made for a winning combination. Keep it to yourself and just talk about how awesome the other team is if your pressed for a comment, that is something I wish they'd finally get.

450241[/snapback]

Yes, you hit it dead on. Do you ever hear the Patriots saying how great they are? I never hear that kind of talk from them. The defense is very, very good, but they still don't know how to dominate for an entire game. Any offensive player talking about greatness just needs to shut up - period.