[Early SUW] Coolest car you ever drove?

JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1993 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible. The special anniversary edition. White exterior, white top, white leather interior and white wheels. It was called the Albino. It's still in my garage. Runs great but needs body work. Spent some great summers up around Lake Erie and the Niagara peninsular.

My 1st car. 1954 Chevrolet 4-dr sedan, a rusted-out pos patched here and there and everywhere and I kept up the patching. I painted it with a brush once. Had to pay eight bucks for a frame weld one time - outrageous.

Some sort of tan color. 3-speed on the column, 6 cyl, power nothing, 12 inch head clearance, big bench seats. Maintence was easy - I RELINED the brake shoes two times - you would drill out the rivets, go to the shop and buy enough asbestos fabric ribbon (you could still buy that stuff into the early '60's) and a bottle of goo, and cut the ribbon to accurate length and re-rivet it onto the shoe. Plugs and points were cleaned or pirated from a junkyard as needed. Had to replace several suspension parts, tin-can exhaust repairs of course - and other bits and pieces during my 3 years of ownership, but again the junkyard satisfied - who bought new stuff? It came with maypop tires and was sold with same after several changes and repairs!

EDIT: it was my first ever so to me it was the coolest car I ever owned!

1987 Buick Grand National: Roll off the line to about 15MPH then MASH the throttle. As the boost on the turbo hits 15 PSI, the rear wheels break free, the car takes a slight sideways tilt and you get pushed back in your seat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesssssssssssssss................ BOOOOOOOOSSSSSSTTTTT u gotta love it.

I love my GN.

When I was 15 my older sister and her boyfriend took a vacation to Florida in her Challenger. So he left his brand new slime lime color Datsun 240Z parked in our garage. My older sister told me if I even TOUCHED IT she would kill me. Since they had to leave the keys in case the house caught on fire I took it out and taught myself how to drive a stick shift on the thing. I taught myself on a new raod with no houses on it behind my house in Williamsville. That was over 30 years ago and she has never found out.

Other than that I have owned a Porsche but I'm not that big of a sport now so I have a V6 Maxima.

When I was 15 my older sister and her boyfriend took a vacation to Florida in her Challenger.  So he left his brand new slime lime color Datsun 240Z parked in our garage.  My older sister told me if I even TOUCHED IT she would kill me.  Since they had to leave the keys in case the house caught on fire I took it out and taught myself how to drive a stick shift on the thing.  I taught myself on a new raod with no houses on it behind my house in Williamsville.  That was over 30 years ago and she has never found out.

Other than that I have owned a Porsche but I'm not that big of a sport now so I have a V6 Maxima.

32816[/snapback]

Good story!

Back in the 70's,  I owned a couple of Citroen D-19's.  I believe that at the time, Citroen was the only front wheel drive car in the US.  It was cool B) , fast and had adjustable suspension and height :lol: .

32821[/snapback]

Quite a car...the button brake, the rather unusual steering column, and the hydropneumatics that let you be a low-rider or hike up a wheel for a tire change!