What exactly was the gameplan?

Simon

IMO, the safety, (other than a 1st down and being out of the situation) was about the best possible outcome from that position. JP did NOT turn the ball over.

445142[/snapback]

Exactly. And barring a defensive penalty, the first down wasn't going to happen - they were on him way too quick to make any kind of a play. If he hadn't run himself out of bounds, whatever pass he planned on uncorking probably would've ended up being caught by a guy in a white jersey....

The Bucs still got a TD on the ensuing drive, but at least they had to work a little to get it instead of being handed a freebie.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the game plan was lacking and did nothing to promote the strengths of the players - the Bucs' D was awesome while the Buffalo D was lacking heart - there was just no emotion - they keep saying Losman has a powerful arm, but all I saw were the outs and the quick hitches and JP bounce them in to recievers - where is this powerful arm and the vertical throws?

Exactly. And barring a defensive penalty, the first down wasn't going to happen - they were on him way too quick to make any kind of a play. If he hadn't run himself out of bounds, whatever pass he planned on uncorking probably would've ended up being caught by a guy in a white jersey....

The Bucs still got a TD on the ensuing drive, but at least they had to work a little to get it instead of being handed a freebie.

445173[/snapback]

WM appeared to take the wrong guy on blitz pickup (dove inside to help the OL, leaving the outside guy an unabated run at JP). Didn't like the formation and personnel in the backfield on that play...

like I said in another thread, how bout he throw the damn ball away!? that would have been a better outcome imo....

445174[/snapback]

And what? Have TB's special teams come in, block the punt for a TD safety or get a TD? Morman would have had practically no room to punt the ball.

WM appeared to take the wrong guy on blitz pickup (dove inside to help the OL, leaving the outside guy an unabated run at JP).  Didn't like the formation and personnel in the backfield on that play...

445186[/snapback]

you always take the inside guy.

the game plan was lacking and did nothing to promote the strengths of the players -  the Bucs' D was awesome while the Buffalo D was lacking heart - there was just no emotion - they keep saying Losman has a powerful arm, but all I saw were the outs and the quick hitches and JP bounce them in to recievers - where is this powerful arm and the vertical throws?

445185[/snapback]

Bledsoe also has a powerful arm and he was doing that all of last season. The team just played badly today.

you always take the inside guy.

445191[/snapback]

That's just what I was going to say. Reminds me of a game during the RJ era, think it was against NE. RJ got knocked out of the game (I know, big shock). People were criticizing Marcus Spriggs for not blocking the outside blitzer, because he picked up the inside blitzer. Even Wade ripped on RJ for that.

WM appeared to take the wrong guy on blitz pickup (dove inside to help the OL, leaving the outside guy an unabated run at JP).  Didn't like the formation and personnel in the backfield on that play...

445186[/snapback]

At that point, I would've taken my medicine - run, run, run, and try to get Moorman some room. That situation is practically unwinnable in any road game, much less against a solid D like Tampa's.

Gameplan? It seemed we didn't have one or failed to make any adjustments. I completely agree with the comments about lack of hot routes over the blitzing backers and beneath the two deep zones. NEVER saw it. Also kept waiting for a screen. I think we were going to run one wide receiver screen and got flagged for a penalty. We needed to do something to prevent TB from acting like every down was 3rd and 20. Was it me, or did Ronde Barber blitz on 80% of their defensive snaps. Theoretically, he should occasionally contribute to pass protection as most safeties do. :doh: In any event, I'm mostly miffed with the coaches today. It's an acceptable loss (not expected though) given circumstances; but we should have come out after halftime and made it more competitive. Down 9-3, we should have had a better showing and certainly not a carbon copy of the first half. Regardless, bring on Atlanta!

Gameplan?  It seemed we didn't have one or failed to make any adjustments.  I completely agree with the comments about lack of hot routes over the blitzing backers and beneath the two deep zones.  NEVER saw it.  Also kept waiting for a screen.  I think we were going to run one wide receiver screen and got flagged for a penalty.  We needed to do something to prevent TB from acting like every down was 3rd and 20.  Was it me, or did Ronde Barber blitz on 80% of their defensive snaps.  Theoretically, he should occasionally contribute to pass protection as most safeties do:angry:  In any event, I'm mostly miffed with the coaches today.  It's an acceptable loss (not expected though) given circumstances; but we should have come out after halftime and made it more competitive.  Down 9-3, we should have had a better showing and certainly not a carbon copy of the first half.  Regardless, bring on Atlanta!

445269[/snapback]

I know there was one play where he did. Of course he dropped the ball that JP threw to him. :doh: