Anyway we can get the league to waive a rule?

seq004

Fans, players, coaches all love the new throwback unis and I for one just hate to see us go back to our current unis. I would like the NFL to waive the silly rule of giving a full 1 year notice. I can honestly say those were the best looking unis in the league last week.

Fans, players, coaches all love the new throwback unis and I for one just hate to see us go back to our current unis. I would like the NFL to waive the silly rule of giving a full 1 year notice. I can honestly say those were the best looking unis in the league last week.

444057[/snapback]

Unfortunately that would never happen so soon. Takes the NFL a long time to modify a rule, even as silly as this one.

I agree about our throwbacks looking great but there's no chance we'll be wearing them more than twice this year.

I'll give you a rule they should waive if they are semi-serious about heat related illnesses and death...for days like tomorrow--95 degrees with a heat index in the 100's...let the entire 53 person roster (sans injuries) be active...no inactives....or if they are really serious--move game times based on the heat early in the season...but that would screw up TV and $'s...

444057[/snapback]

Follow the money - it takes time for the manufacturers to gear up production - hence "part" of the one year rule

Sales - sales - sales

I thought the uniforms look hideous.....

For a second I thought they were the Indy Bills...

The helmet was ok but that blue looked bad on tv in my opinion...

Just my 2 cents....

444124[/snapback]

im the other way arround..i liked the unis and the shoes..hate the helmet..maybe a white helmet with new logo but i hate that standing"shoot me now before i move" buffalo

damn we looked good in those uniforms. they can't bring them back soon enough. i don't think they look like the colts at all. the most distinctive things on those colts jerseys are the shoulder stripes, which the bills' jerseys don't have. they are also a diff't shade of blue!

the helmets aren't an issue for me. i'm ambivalent about the logo, but i'd hate to see'em break up the look of a true championship uni. they're great the way they are, let's hope we see much more of them.

444057[/snapback]

In 1994, the NFL's 75th year anniversary, the SF 49ers wore throwback uniforms which included their old white pants, instead of their normal burnished gold ones.

They liked them so much, they got the NFL to ease the restriction on wearing them, and they then wore them for pretty much that entire season, as everyone liked them so much.

They also wore them in their Super Bowl game against the Chargers ...

Anyone have any recollection of that ???

Perhaps some of you might wanna visit the 49ers board and inquire about that ...

:D

we can't get the league to do anything, unless we get every nfl fan to boycott merchandise and going to the games. This is the league that can still blackout the hurricane game on monday night (unless it sold out in time... anyone? bueller? bueller? bueller?)

In 1994, the NFL's 75th year anniversary, the SF 49ers wore throwback uniforms which included their old white pants, instead of their normal burnished gold ones.

They like them so much, they go the NFL to ease the restriction on wearing them, and they then wore them for pretty much the entire season, as everyone liked them so much.

They also wore them in their Super Bowl game against the Chargers ...

Anyone have any recollection of that ???

:D

444409[/snapback]

I think the regulations were a little laxed that year, as tradition was what they were trying to promote for the anniversary. The time when the 69ers started wearing their black-trimmed unis in the season and then in the Super Bowl... well, it wasn't that far off from the regular garb and the NFL pro'ly said "Eh, what the hell...." Also, there's no rule for pants --- hence why we can switch b/w blue-on-blue, blue-on-white, white-o-blue and white-on-white.

It's be nice if JP continued to voice his opinion about really loving these unis, and that he wants them to usher in his own era.

Clements said he LOVED the throwbacks. AND he said a lot of the other players LOVED the throw backs.

Maybe if we went back to the old uniforms, Clements would sign a reasonable, cap friendly, long term contract for next year. He might, as long as there is a clause stipulating that the old uniforms would stay as long as he stayed in Buffalo.

In all seriousness, I've been following this team since 1959, they were granted permission for an AFL franchise in 1959, and those days were the days of excitement, pride and respect for not only Buffalo, but as football players on the whole. Now a days, the squeeky wheel gets the grease, they almost all play for themselves.

Back in those days, TO's behavior was not tolerated by anyone, especially players. It would be nice to see a resurgance of the players love for the sport, their teammates, AND the fans. Uniforms won't change those values, but they may spark people to dig deep into their past.

That blue in those throwbacks does look to be brighter than the old days, I'm thinking it is the material reflection properties. When I look at the old photos, the blue looks deeper than it is in these throw backs.