W/ respect to Jerry Rice,

eSJayDee

Jerry Rice = Barry Bonds.  Great player, but all about himself and all about his numbers.

443224[/snapback]

Having lived in the SF Bay Area for 15 years, I'm pretty familiar with the personalities and professional attributes of Bonds and Rice. To say they are equal displays profound underestimation of Jerry Rice's team-player attitude throughout his career.

"He just told me, ‘Jerry, if you want to wear the #80, you have my blessing'," said Rice at his press conference Tuesday. "When he said that it sent chills through my body, because I know what he has done for this city, and when you think about the Seattle Seahawks you think about Steve Largent. For him to just say that without any hesitation, that I could wear his jersey, that meant the world to me.” Jerry Rice press conference

442936[/snapback]

Classless Bastard! How could he say all those terrible things about Steve. Obviously he thinks Largent is a chump. What a maroon. They should kick him out of the league. He lost my HOF vote, I tell ya. I just so FREAKIN PISSED that Rice has the unmitigated gall to wear #80...who the hell does he think he is?

Jesus Roller Skating Christ, it's nobody's biz but Largent's and it seems like he doesn't have a problem with it. If Rice lost your respect over this, then your respect isn't worth much. ;)

Classless Bastard!  How could he say all those terrible things about Steve.  Obviously he thinks Largent is a chump.  What a maroon.  They should kick him out of the league.  He lost my HOF vote, I tell ya.  I just so FREAKIN PISSED that Rice has the unmitigated gall to wear #80...who the hell does he think he is?

Jesus Roller Skating Christ, it's nobody's biz but Largent's and it seems like he doesn't have a problem with it.  If Rice lost your respect over this, then your respect isn't worth much. :o

443317[/snapback]

Speaking of one's own biz, why not keep Jesus out of it and display a bit of respect yourself? ;)

The thing is, a player doesn't decide if his jersey number is to be retired, it is the team that decides it. Therefore, why is Rice even asking Largent, and why does Largent have any authority to give it up? That's extremely disrespectful of Rice, IMO, no matter what. A jersey retired is a fairly uncommon thing, and done for one and only one purpose, SO NO ONE WEARS THE FRIGGIN' JERSEY AGAIN!