Inside the NFL

Mickey

Were the Bills highlights on? I watched it last night and was half asleep. I didn't see any footage from our game. I rewound the DVR and still didn't see it but I was missing the first few minutes. Was I just too sleepy or were the Bills highlights not on?

Inside the NFL went downhill once they stopped making the highlights the centerpiece of the show. Too many hosts, too many special features, too much lame infotainment.... ugh.

Hey, you kids, get off my lawn!

[rocking crotchetedly in my chair, shawl around my shoulders] :blush:

Bring back Al Meltzer and Chuck Bednarik!!!

Inside the NFL went downhill once they stopped making the highlights the centerpiece of the show. Too many hosts, too many special features, too much lame infotainment.... ugh.

(2) Agree wholeheartedly

Wanda Sykes was funny tho' ..

(2) Agree wholeheartedly

Wanda Sykes was funny tho' ..

442580[/snapback]

Wanda is funny... which is why she should have her own show and be in movies... but get the heck away from the screen... I want to see the plays of the week, listen to Harry Kalas or Jeff Kaye and all that cool NFL films music!

Here is what I sent them --->

"I grew up watching ITNFL - and for the last few years it has been nothing short of painful. I am a diehard Bills fan - and we Bills fans know your shows hatered for them. Stop this love fest for Marinos Dolphins, Carters Vikings, and Collinsworths Bengals. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go back to showing all the highlights for ALL the games - stop trying to entertain us with these useless comedians. SHOW THE GAMES. Numerous occasions last year you didn't even show any Buffalo highlights and this year week 1 you are starting the trend again... This show is terrible - I'm all for bringing back Nick and Len..."

Send your email here --> http://www.hbo.com/apps/submitinfo/contact...estiontype=infl

Wait a minute...I watched the first half of ITNFL last night waiting for the linebackers show on NFL Network...you mean they showed NOT ONE highlight from the Texans game?!?!?

:(

BTW, what's up with Peter King...seems there's more plastic in his face than in Paris Hilton's wallet...christ, lay off the double lattes, Pete.

Wait a minute...I watched the first half of ITNFL last night waiting for the linebackers show on NFL Network...you mean they showed NOT ONE highlight from the Texans game?!?!?

;)

BTW, what's up with Peter King...seems there's more plastic in his face than in Paris Hilton's wallet...christ, lay off the double lattes, Pete.

442939[/snapback]

Not one. Its as if it never happened.

Wow, what are the chances of me reading this thread and this article just minutes apart? (Actually pretty good since I spend too much time on both sites, but that's not that point).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/050916

(And while we're here, could somebody alert me about something as important as the King thing next time? How does Peter manage to go Nicole Ritchie on us when he's chugging down two triple lattes a day? And if he's going to stay that skinny, couldn't HBO have hired George Wendt to play the role of Peter King this season? I'm outraged by this. Like everyone else, I like my likable/knowledgeable/jolly football analysts to look, you know, jolly. Could this be a convoluted attempt by King to distance himself from his "Longest Yard" cameo? And if it is, then why didn't John Madden do the same thing after "The Replacements" came out?)

(Parentheses for the parentheses: I love "Inside the NFL." It's one of my five favorite shows -- I have even learned to enjoy Cris Carter, especially when he's being rudely interrupted. But how can a show this consistently great keep screwing up its "comedy" segments so egregiously? It's like they call meetings and say, "All right, who's the most overrated comedian in the country right now ... who's the next Wanda Sykes? Um ... what about that guy on the "Daily Show" who rants and raves and isn't actually funny? Lewis Black? That's a hot show, right? Can we get him? Someone call his agent!")

Were the Bills highlights on?  I watched it last night and was half asleep.  I didn't see any footage from our game.  I rewound the DVR and still didn't see it but I was missing the first few minutes.  Was I just too sleepy or were the Bills highlights not on?

442438[/snapback]

I am very very dissapointed by Inside the NFL. I encourage every single Bills fan on this website to write a letter to HBO, demaning they show highlights of every single game, every single week. Not only were the Bills excluded, but so were the Bengals and Browns. I guarantee you fans in those cities are pissed.

Here is the link to write a complaint to HBO

I would entitle your subject Inside the NFL highlights, to make sure it is directed at the right person. Lets show them there are tons of pissed of Buffalo Bills fans who won't take our team getting disrespected any longer!!

I am very very dissapointed by Inside the NFL.  I encourage every single Bills fan on this website to write a letter to HBO, demaning they show highlights of every single game, every single week.  Not only were the Bills excluded, but so were the Bengals and Browns.  I guarantee you fans in those cities are pissed.

Here is the link to write a complaint to HBO

I would entitle your subject Inside the NFL highlights, to make sure it is directed at the right person.  Lets show them there are tons of pissed of Buffalo Bills fans who won't take our team getting disrespected any longer!!

443603[/snapback]

For sh--'s and giggle's I sent one, though I doubt it will make any improvement in the show. Instead of Inside the NFL, they should rename it Costas and his Merry Band of Assclowns Act Like Frickin' Idiots Most of the Broadcast and In Between There Are Football Highlights, But Not Every Game, Show...

Odd- I watched it and couldn't figure out how I missed the Bills. That sucks. I boycott. The shows is not nearly as good as it was.

443766[/snapback]

I'm pissed too, I used to love the show. Mad props to NFL Network though, at least they have been giving a lot of attention to the Bills. With ^ days to sunday on the linebackers, Takeo on Total access this week, and they always mention them on playbook. good stuff. I love that channel!!!

The most astonishing thing was that new comedienne wanna-be ... He was the most horrible possible excuse of a comedienne ever ...

Gave me a near headache w/ his ranting & babbling ..

:devil:

442571[/snapback]

Is he gay? ("Comedienne" is the spelling for a female- Guys are usually referred to as "comedians")

I am very very dissapointed by Inside the NFL.  I encourage every single Bills fan on this website to write a letter to HBO, demaning they show highlights of every single game, every single week.  Not only were the Bills excluded, but so were the Bengals and Browns.  I guarantee you fans in those cities are pissed.

I would entitle your subject Inside the NFL highlights, to make sure it is directed at the right person.  Lets show them there are tons of pissed of Buffalo Bills fans who won't take our team getting disrespected any longer!!

443603[/snapback]

Get a clue. The massive email that INFL receives everytime the mildest slight is made about Buffalo is exactly the reason that the coverage is diminished.

The Marino "I love Buffalo" comment was not a compliment; it was a tongue in cheek dig by Marino and Collinsworth on how the city/fans are being stereotyped as a bunch of touch-holes.

Maybe if enough email is sent in they will do a cover story on Buffalo's inferiority complex. Wouldn't that be special.

Get a clue.  The massive email that INFL receives everytime the mildest slight is made about Buffalo is exactly the reason that the coverage is diminished. 

The Marino "I love Buffalo" comment was not a compliment; it was a tongue in cheek dig by Marino and Collinsworth on how the city/fans are being stereotyped as a bunch of touch-holes. 

Maybe if enough email is sent in they will do a cover story on Buffalo's inferiority complex.  Wouldn't that be special.

444324[/snapback]

For years it was Nick Bonercaca and Len Dawson with never a kind word about Buffalo. They detested the team and the city and it oozed from them at every broadcast.

Now it's the fair-haired Collinsworth and golden-boy Marino who keep churning out the same smack. It gets nauseating after awhile, and it's been a long time since that barrier was crossed.

Thanks for the link,

Here is the complaint I sent them, titled "Show In Decline"

The show is in serious decline since the days of Len & Nick. You have turned an informative hour into a comedy. In the place of "Where are they now" we are now subject to bad stand up comics making bad jokes.

Worse than your new "NFL Comedy Hour" format is the lack of highlights. It seems every time the Buffalo Bills play a good game, you eliminate them from the highlights. I don't understand the producers of the show's decision to show some games and not others. If I'm watching a show called "Inside The NFL" I expect to see a review of EVERY GAME, not just the ones that feature large market teams or fodder for the comedy. Some of us take our football seriously. Your Inside the NFL producers obviously don't. The show has declined to a bad joke. If you want to present a comedy, please rename the show to "Curb Your Enthusiasm About Seeing The NFL Taken Seriously", with permission from Larry David, of course.

nowadays, there are so many outlets for NFL news and highlights throughout the week that i don't understand why anyone is so hot and bothered about ITNFL. how many highlight shows do you guys want?

ITNFL is an entertainment hour. anybody who watches it thinking they will get yet another recap of last week's games doesn't understand the concept.

personally, i don't watch it. between the "poker/x games" network and the NFL channel, i see enough highlights to make me dizzy. i don't really care for their choices as hosts, and while i think collinsworth is occasionally funny his routine gets old quickly as well.

also, the "we get no respect" inferiority complex consistently displayed by buffalo fans is embarrassing. i, for one, wish it would stop. we enjoy our team -- why does it matter what some joker in the national media thinks?

believe it or not, buffalo IS a small market and the majority of the country doesn't give two schitts about it. deal with it.

Thanks for the link,

Here is the complaint I sent them, titled "Show In Decline"

The show is in serious decline since the days of Len & Nick.  You have turned an informative hour into a comedy.  In the place of "Where are they now" we are now subject to bad stand up comics making bad jokes.

Worse than your new "NFL Comedy Hour" format is the lack of highlights.  It seems every time the Buffalo Bills play a good game, you eliminate them from the highlights.  I don't understand the producers of the show's decision to show some games and not others.  If I'm watching a show called "Inside The NFL" I expect to see a review of EVERY GAME, not just the ones that feature large market teams or fodder for the comedy.  Some of us take our football seriously.  Your Inside the NFL producers obviously don't.  The show has declined to a bad joke.  If you want to present a comedy, please rename the show to "Curb Your Enthusiasm About Seeing The NFL Taken Seriously", with permission from Larry David, of course.

444455[/snapback]

I sent them something very similar a few days ago and have yet to hear anything back. They probably don't care. Too bad, ItNFL used to be a can't miss show, now I barely watch it anymore.

nowadays, there are so many outlets for NFL news and highlights throughout the week that i don't understand why anyone is so hot and bothered about ITNFL.  how many highlight shows do you guys want?

ITNFL is an entertainment hour.  anybody who watches it thinking they will get yet another recap of last week's games doesn't understand the concept.

personally, i don't watch it.  between the "poker/x games" network and the NFL channel, i see enough highlights to make me dizzy.  i don't really care for their choices as hosts, and while i think collinsworth is occasionally funny his routine gets old quickly as well.

also, the "we get no respect" inferiority complex consistently displayed by buffalo fans is embarrassing.  i, for one, wish it would stop.  we enjoy our team -- why does it matter what some joker in the national media thinks?

believe it or not, buffalo IS a small market and the majority of the country doesn't give two schitts about it.  deal with it.

444469[/snapback]

It used to (and probably still does even without showing all the games) have more highlights than any other show. That's what I care about, I could give a crap about talking heads giving me their opinion on what I just saw. If some network would compete and offer a show that was nearly a total highlight reel, I bet it would get very good ratings.