Predictions

stevestojan

Buffalo 23

Tampa 10

I expected Tampa to win last week - Gruden is a much better coach than Tice, and there has been a severe overestimation of how good the Vikings are this offseason. Jerry Rice is the greatest wide receiver of all time, but Randy Moss is the most freakish talent of all time to play the position. The Vikings entire offense (with good reason) was built around Moss, and he drew so many doubles that Burleson was able to lead the league in YAC. They also lost (arguably) their best running back and offensive coordinator. They're poorly coached, and they have a defense that has some new names that look OK on paper but still is well below average by NFL standards. I wouldn't put too much stock into Tampa's win - they should have beaten them.

Tampa is a decent NFC team, which means that they are in trouble against a good AFC team. Are the Bucs better than the Seahawks? Buffalo jacked them last year in a road game. I like the special teams matchup, and I like the blitz matchup against Tampa's protection (middling offensive line with a rookie getting most of the snaps at tailback - Cadillac probably can't be worse than Dominick Davis but rooks almost always struggle early in this regard even if they eventually turn out to be OK).

I don't think the oddsmakers are factoring in the AFC/NFC disparity yet. I see Buffalo, New England, and Cincinnati (especially Cincy...they're going to rout Minny) as great plays come Sunday presuming the lines stay around where they are. I can't yet advocate taking Cleveland on the road getting less than a TD (though I would take them in the game forced to choose), but the other three games look live to me.

I'm surprised at a lot of the negativity from you guys considering how the Bills routed their opponents in all four NFC matchups last year. Reverse jinxing? :doh:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic