Tampa Bay is the perfect team

1billsfan

Tanpa beat a very average team yesterday. The loss of Moss is more than the folks in Minesota would like to admit and they will have a tough time reaching .500.

437511[/snapback]

I disagree about Minnesota. But even if you're right and I'm wrong, winning there on the road is still tougher than Houston at home.

This is the key phrase. Not too many runningbacks in the NFL can take it to the house on a 71 yard run, this kid did. So I wouldn't feel so comfortable downgrading his big stats. The Bills will have their hands full with Cadillac.

437347[/snapback]

No way to the Bills defense struggle against Carnell Williams. I still think that Dominack Davis is better than the Cadillac, and look what we did to Davis. If we lose the game down in Florida... it won't be because of their rookie runningback.

The Bucs' defense is engineered to shut down the pass; that's why the Raiders were eviscerated in the superbowl. They're not so good against the run, though, because they utilize a lighter, quicker defensive line to intensify the pass rush. Minnesota relies primarily on their passing game.

If the Bills' o-line plays well and McGahee can get into a rhythm, we're going to gain a lot of yards on the ground against them. Don't expect J.P. to pass much at all, just enough to keep T.B. from stacking the box. This should chew the clock nicely and, if the Bills can run into the end zone on most of their drives, T.B.'s offense will have to get some quick strikes which isn't what they're best at.

The Bucs' defense is engineered to shut down the pass; that's why the Raiders were eviscerated in the superbowl. They're not so good against the run, though, because they utilize a lighter, quicker defensive line to intensify the pass rush.

437831[/snapback]

umm, with all that being said, I again mention that Tampa Bay held the Vikes to 26 yards on the ground.

Well at that rate, give WM 50 carries and he will get his 100 yards. :doh:

437942[/snapback]

Well, each back had 6 carries each. IIRC, at 7 carries, Willis only had 12 yards. So by extrapolation, Willis only had 38 yards rushing yesterday, eh?

:doh:

My point is that Minnesota made no effort to establish a running game. I'm not saying we will do better, but it's not like they had a standard 24-30 carries to come up with that number...

I think it will be a hard but winable, tough faught game. We'll get two questions answered right off the bat:

Can they win a road game?

Can they win a week after getting their heads swelled by all the media props and pats on the back?

It's so hard to gauge how good or bad teams are this early. Remember how we creamed the Pats a couple of years ago then fell off a cliff? Cautious optimism baby, cautious optimism.

437245[/snapback]

Watching the game over again right now and the only thing that scares me is that pass JP threw right into Peek's hands but he dropped it. That would have been a sure 7 for Houston. That was the only mistake he made all game which is pretty dam impressive.

Tanpa beat a very average team yesterday. The loss of Moss is more than the folks in Minesota would like to admit and they will have a tough time reaching .500.

Im always glad when a team wins before we play them. They wont be hearing it all week in practice on how poorly they played the week before from their fans and local media.

437511[/snapback]

agree totally. minnesota traded away any hope of finishing over .500 when they got rid of moss.

they realized they needed to get rid of him because he was such a dickhead he'd wind up holding the team back. that i understand. but i don't they they were honest enough with themselves to realize that he was the onbly thing keeping that disfunctional ship afloat...in terms of Ws, at least.

mark my words, they are going to need to blow up that team up, fire tice, and start over.

Tampa bay is one of those teams that has one good win in them in a row. They are

good but not as solid as Buffalo. Your team should wear them down as the game plays along. Buffalo is to strong on DEFENSE and with there good offense it should be a 24-13 win for you guys. Even at TB I dont see much of a problem for Buffalo. 0:)

Tampa bay is one of those teams that has one good win in them in a row. They are

good but not as solid as Buffalo. Your team should wear them down as the game plays along. Buffalo is to strong on DEFENSE and with there good offense it should be a 24-13 win for you guys. Even at TB  I dont see much of a problem for Buffalo. :(

438155[/snapback]

Any game at TB has traditionally been a problem for Buffalo. 0:)

Another slant on this game...The National Media and most fans believe that the AFC's top teams are simply better than the NFC's. If that assumption is correct, then it stands to reason that the Bills, ( who went 4-0 against the NFC West last year) who feel that they are to be counted amongst the best in the AFC, will handle a fairly average NFC team regardless of where the game is played! The Buccaneers are weak along their offensive line, in my opinion, and that will make for a long day for Brian Griese. I think the Bills "D" will turn the ball over in good field position for the offense, and make life a little easier for J.P. to navigate towards their end zone! Prediction... Buffalo 28 Tampa Bay 10.