Coughlin fining guys for not being early enough

LasBillz

This morning's paper- Tom Coughlin has fined three or four players for not being "early enough" to meetings. At least three players are appealing the fines.

I believe his quote was, "They know the meetings start on time- five minutes early".

Frank Burns has nothing on this guy.

I don't have a problem with that at all... we all know that if we arrive to a meeting at the second it is supposed to start, we all take a few minutes to grab a seat, chat with a friend, get you folder out... whatever, he has made it a rule that everyone is in seats ready to go at 5 minutes to the hour... that is the rule, deal with it. It is their job to do these things, it's not like they are going to meetings for free just to waste some time... come on, I understand Coughlin can be a tough ass, but sometimes I think that is what is needed. Everyone is so babied now a days, everyone wants the rules bent, or an exception made... sheesh, deal with it. Like Dennis Leary says "Life sucks, get a f*cking helmet!"

Except he is picking out people for being 2 to 3 minutes early rather than five. NO ONE was late.

These guys are dedicated to their job. And by fining Michael Strahan of all friggin people. He's losing the confidence of his players as a leader. All they are going to think is "this guy is an ass." They've already appealed the fines.

I just don't understand how this is going to build a team enviroment. This isn't the military where people are ruled by their superiors. It's the NFL. Players should respect their coaches. I don't think this is being disrespectful.

Except he is picking out people for being 2 to 3 minutes early rather than five. NO ONE was late.

These guys are dedicated to their job. And by fining Michael Strahan of all friggin people. He's losing the confidence of his players as a leader. All they are going to think is "this guy is an ass." They've already appealed the fines.

I just don't understand how this is going to build a team enviroment. This isn't the military where people are ruled by their superiors. It's the NFL. Players should respect their coaches. I don't think this is being disrespectful.

30744[/snapback]

All this reminds me of is Greggo's air horn. There are enough other ways to earn your players' respect without acting like an idiot. Even Parcells wouldn't do something like this.

Marv treated his players like men and he won a hell of a lot more than Tom Coughlin ever did.

That said, the players should suck it up and pay the damn fines.

30744[/snapback]

exactly. EXACTLY. I would rather work for a boss that respects me as much as i respect him. Fining grown men (especially Strahan) for not being EARLY ENOUGH? Absolutly assinine. And since they are appealing the fines, its now "us vs. him".

What a joke.

You're not going to win these "authority battles" as long as the people who "work for you" are getting paid more than "you." When the company says the employees are worth more than the boss, you will never have the ability to back up "threats."