Players that stepped up today

I know everyone will say JP and yes JP had a damn good game and played a very good game but also wanted to note other players who seemed to step up today.

1) JP - good game and a game plan that used his strengths

2) Evans will be the number 1 receiver by year end

3) Preston did a good job filling in for Chris V

4) Peters - good special teams and a nice catch for TD

5) Chris Kelsey - showing we have 2 solid DE's

6) Ron Edwards - developing into a solid DT

7) Gandy and Anderson - much better than I expected

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our safeties. Troy Vincent seems to be making a very smooth transition in his first season starting at fs. He came up with good over the top protection for terrence mcgee, and 2 nice picks. Milloy as usual was solid, getting a fumble recovery and adding a pick of his own. I love this safety duo. I look for big things from our secondary this year.

I didn't see the game, but what about:

Aiken on ST

Schneck

Posey

How did they look?

436868[/snapback]

Aiken had a great tackle on ST and solid all around and as WR he played mostly as a run blocker.

Schneck was perfect for the day.

Posey was his usual, put some pressure on Carr and make the tackles he had to make.

I know everyone will say JP and yes JP had a damn good game and played a very good game but also wanted to note other players who seemed to step up today.

436809[/snapback]

I'd put Kelsay at the top of that list...what a difference! :doh:

436809[/snapback]

Lindell 5 for 5 and he doesnt make your list?

i second the nomination for lindell. he silenced us for the week with his 5 kicks... Plus, his kick offs weren't short.

troy vincent--2 interceptions

JPL--Made us all forget, at least for one game, the last guy... Also gives us some hope for the future. 10 years of quarterback futility will do that to you.

Jerry Gray--if the D keeps this up, dude's going to be a distant memory next year when he's a head coach somewhere.

12th man--LOUD crowd today. Flustered Carr a bunch.

Big Mo--It's much better going on the road to play a tough TB team with the confidence that this game brought... A lot different than going to oakland last year after being "robbed" against jax. Stay tuned.

Lindell 5 for 5 and he doesnt make your list?

436935[/snapback]

Well cant count everyone but Kindell did impress we with the accuracy and his over 40 yarder, also seemed to have a little extra on a kickoff or 2. Okay he goes to 2nd on the list cuz if you said he would have a solid kicking game with a 40+ yarder I would have wondered what ya were smokin

A little disappointment in the 12th man.  Seemed numerous times, I saw several of the linemen trying to get the crowd to be quiet when we had the  ball, especially inside the 20.  Seems folks forgot how to be a  good crowd.

436954[/snapback]

I wasnt at the game so will have to let others comment, seemed that the 12th man was loud when defense was on the field at least on sundat ticket that is. :angry:

A little disappointment in the 12th man.  Seemed numerous times, I saw several of the linemen trying to get the crowd to be quiet when we had the  ball, especially inside the 20.  Seems folks forgot how to be a  good crowd.

436954[/snapback]

They were probably just temporarily out of their heads with 'J.P. Fever'. :angry: Maybe they needed more cowbell?

I wasnt at the game so will have to let others comment, seemed that the 12th man was loud when defense was on the field at least on sundat ticket that is. :angry:

436960[/snapback]

That's where I saw it too. But I nothiced quite a few times where the players were flapping their wings to get the crowd to be quiet.