fellow Yankees fans

Pete

Remember, anything can and usually does happen in the playoffs- especially in the Best of 5 Division Series. It actually doesn't make any difference at all if the Yankees finish first or second. If Boston wins a crappy AL East title then who cares? If Boston does overtake the Yankees, NY is a lock for the wild card. That doesn't make up for 85 years of Red Sox futility. All it means is the difference between playing Oakland or Minnesota in the Division Series and having a potential Game 5 a home game. NY isn't going to wreck themselves by trying to win the AL East. Get the house in order for the playoffs plain and simple. Everybody and their mother knows it will come down to another ALCS between NY and Boston. The rest of the regular season is 1000% meaningless.

I think my favorite thing about reading baseball posts on TSW is checking out the one or two posts thrown in there about how much baseball sucks, waaaaah...baseball sucks!!!  These people are met with a stunning display of silence by the others and the post resumes minutes later, on-topic.

LONG LIVE BASEBALL.

30718[/snapback]

so, would you like to respond to my post or are you content being a moron your whole life?

If Boston wins a crappy AL East title then who cares? If Boston does overtake the Yankees, NY is a lock for the wild card. That doesn't make up for 85 years of Red Sox futility.

31017[/snapback]

Suddenly winning the division is considered crappy. It's funny what the worst Yankees team in 11 years does to its fan base.

Last time I checked St. Louis won both series against you this year.........and is 10 games better then you in the standings. So why exactly do you think Atlanta has any chance of beating the Cardainsl??? I just have to know.

You don't stack up, simple as that.

-------------------------------------------------

Ok, here we go again.

The Cards are a great team. Absolutely fantastic. The best regular season team in the NL. Hands down.

Season series don't mean anything to me. Season records only count to get to the playoffs.

Last year the Braves had a better offense than you do and how far did they get? First Round.

Anything can happen in the playoffs. I'm rooting for the Braves and the Cards scare me the most. But, as of right now you'd play the Giants and we'd play the Dodgers. Who don't have much past Adrian Beltre.

So, we'd face each other in a 7 game series.

With Suppan, Marquis, Carpenter and Morris facing Ortiz, Wright, Byrd and either Hampton/Horam or Thomson I think it's even.

Offensively....

C Estrada v. Matheny edge Estrada

1B Pujols v. LaRoche/Julio edge Pujols

2B Womack v. Giles push

SS Renteria v. Furcal push

3B Rolen v. Chip push....I'm saying this b/c Chip has been putting up the same numbers since the AS break as Rolen

Rolen .287 15/41 v. Chip .316 16/51

LF both platooning so your LF numbers v. ours

.252/18/61 v. .301/20/79 advantage Braves

CF Edmonds v. Andruw....I give the edge to Edmonds b/c he's a better hitter

RF Walker v. Drew. adavantage Drew

so if you look at it we are pretty much even.

Yes the Cards have some huge guns in Renteria, Walker, Pujols, Rolen and Edmonds

But, I think we can match up with your team.

There's my explination. I'm a Braves fan and I know you will have disagreements with my post. But, you wanted to see my perspective. There it is.

Not only that but I'm more concerned with the Marlins than the Cards right now. If they get in they have by far the best staff in the NL with Beckett, Willis, Burnett and Pavano.

You too should be concerned b/c if they make it you get them in a five game set.

That's why I'm rooting for the Giants to get in. I'll take my chances with the Cards but I got a baddddd feeling that the Fish are going to get in and win the NL again.

actually doesn't make any difference at all if the Yankees finish first or second. If Boston wins a crappy AL East title then who cares? Everybody and their mother knows it will come down to another ALCS between NY and Boston.

31017[/snapback]

So in other words, homefield advantage means nothing in a potential ALCS between Boston and New York?? Interesting take.

The Marlins don't scare me.

I don't agree with most of your matchups though. Renteria is a much better overall shortstop then Furcal. He's a better clutch hitter, hits for more power, fielding is pretty close (Renteria has won some gold gloves, not sure about Furcal).

Pitching wise I think we are better (from starters to closer) then the Braves.