Who wins the Matt Linehart Sweepstakes?

DeeRay

Yes, there's much bigger fish to fry, but going into the season everyone has their favorite for the SB. But what about the bottom feeder who takes home the top draft pick?

With that, I'd be suprised if it weren't the Browns winning the Matt Linehart derby.

Yes, there's much bigger fish to fry,  but going into the season everyone has their favorite for the SB.  But what about the bottom feeder who takes home the top draft pick?

With that, I'd be suprised if it weren't the Browns winning the Matt Linehart derby.

432192[/snapback]

As long as it is not the Dolphins . . . .

I think that poetical irony dictates that the SF Forty-Whiners will end up with the distainable position of drafting a second consecutive #1 QB.

432215[/snapback]

except this time they could draft a legitimate #1 QB.

i say it's between the 49ers, Dolphins and Cleveland (sucks for Charlie Frye cause he had a nice pre-season and showed some potential)

I think that poetical irony dictates that the SF Forty-Whiners will end up with the distainable position of drafting a second consecutive #1 QB.

432215[/snapback]

or they could trade the pick to.......... San Diego.

San Diego will then open the 2006 season with a new "wishbone QB" offense that will be all the rage!

it could happen

432215[/snapback]

I'm sure it will be the 49ers... which means they shouldn't have drafted Alex Smith. They should have taken one of the stud runners or wideouts... and take Leinart next year.

BIG MISTAKE 49er fans!

I'm sure it will be the 49ers... which means they shouldn't have drafted Alex Smith.  They should have taken one of the stud runners or wideouts... and take Leinart next year.

BIG MISTAKE 49er fans!

432321[/snapback]

I agree. If they did finish with the worst record again then they surely wouldn't draft another QB because that would make absolutely no sense. Then again we are talking about the 49ers. I wouldve taken another need player (WR, RB, whatever) this past draft and settled with Rattay as my starter (which they have, until Smith is ready) and then taken Matt if my team still sucked. If it wasn't for Rattay's injury problems he has shown that he can play in this league.

In all seriousness I'd be very surprised to see Alex Smith flourish. I just think what Utah did last year was not all of Alex Smith's doing. The kid seems pretty smart and has plenty of potential but we all know where potential can get you. He was surrounded by a really fine coach and a decent schedule. His current situation isn't comparable.

Staying on topic; what are the chances Reggie Bush is drafted in the top 10 with his fellow QB? (assuming he'll be eligible and I'm pretty sure he will be)

I believe that Leinhart will end up with one of the mid-level teams in a draft day trade. A team like Seattle, Oakland, Dallas, GB, NO or Arizona might move up and take the #1 overall pick.

They all need a QB, and probably will believe that with a stud at QB they can win it all.

What has Lineart shown so far that would make him such an enviable catch anyway?

He plays for a team LOADED with talent. I compare him right now to Jason White of Oklahoma and the fact that he stayed in school indicates to me he may not have the fire to prove that he is a top flight leader.

So my answer to the question of who wins the sweepstakes is WHO CARES.......

What has Lineart shown so far that would make him such an enviable catch anyway?

He plays for a team LOADED with talent.  I compare him right now to Jason White of Oklahoma and the fact that he stayed in school indicates to me he may not have the fire to prove that he is a top flight leader. 

So my answer to the question of who wins the sweepstakes is WHO CARES.......

432427[/snapback]

Off with his balls, then?

Yes, there's much bigger fish to fry,  but going into the season everyone has their favorite for the SB.  But what about the bottom feeder who takes home the top draft pick?

432192[/snapback]

How about this for conspiracy.....

The Saints finish last....pick Leinhart, and move to LA! Sounds pretty sound to me.

:lol:

Because scouts love Matt's size. His rocket arm. His leadership. He's Drew Bledsoe all over again. hehe.

We're probably ALL forgetting about that QB from Texas,  V. Young. They are building him up as the next Michael Vick.  The hype alone may elevate his draft status.

432443[/snapback]

Oh, so this Vince guy.......he's a pretty good running back huh?