Does anybody else...

Buffalove

Is it just me or are Donahoe, Mularkey, and Co. already making excuses before we've even played our first game? Donahoe stating that the upcoming season can be a success regardless of whether or not we make the playoffs is ridiculous.

I think he sees the writing on the wall. Between the young quarterback who has struggled most of the preseason and can't seem to take control of the offense; the team's continued undisciplined penalty habits; and the underperforming high draft picks (i.e. Williams, Kelsay, Denny, Reed, Losman?) I think we're getting set up for a big meltdown.

Even if they're not saying it, 5-11 to 7-9 is written all over their faces. They better be willing to taste some humble pie and play Holcomb before we get off to another 0-3 start, which would basically exclude is from the playoffs before we're even half way through October.

No, I think they knew they were going to be in this situation. But, while people were snagging up tickets they weren't about to say "Oh, this isn't going to be a great year" It's the same old story. We'll continue to look towards next year while really being pretty much the same as the Detroit Lions.

If Losman struggles in the first half of the opener and the Bills are down by 2 scores, you'll see Holcomb in the 3rd quarter.

Are you French ? The season hasn't even started yet and you're looking to surrender to a fence post. Don't let the press influence your thinking.

Is it just me or are Donahoe, Mularkey, and Co. already making excuses before we've even played our first game?  Donahoe stating that the upcoming season can be a success regardless of whether or not we make the playoffs is ridiculous. 

431888[/snapback]

Think about what was said prior to Gregg's first season about how the playoffs were expected. Either all the games are sold out and it doesn't matter what he says or, he is trying to take as much pressure off his QB as he can...

They know all the other teams are really going to key on Willis this year.  That forces JP into more throwing situations and he will make mistakes.

431890[/snapback]

Teams keyed on Willis last year. Nobody was scared of Bledsoe beating them. Willis, Shelton, and the OL know what 8 in the box looks like. They'll be fine.

Factor in JP's running on 3rd down and in the red zone. If he's throwing just okay, we've got a pretty multi-dimensional attack.

By the way, I don't even know what this original post was about. I've heard nothing but confidence from players and coaches. They all want to clean up the mess they made against Pitts last year.

Teams keyed on Willis last year.  Nobody was scared of Bledsoe beating them.  Willis, Shelton, and the OL know what 8 in the box looks like.  They'll be fine.

Factor in JP's running on 3rd down and in the red zone.  If he's throwing just okay, we've got a pretty multi-dimensional attack. 

By the way, I don't even know what this original post was about.  I've heard nothing but confidence from players and coaches. They all want to clean up the mess they made against Pitts last year.

431923[/snapback]

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

``To say it's `Playoffs or Bust,' you can't say that because there are too many things that are out of our control,'' Donahoe said. ``People that make predictions, you're crazy. ... We're going to put everything into this season to make the playoffs. But I'm also not prepared to say that if we don't make the playoffs that it's a bad year.''

The best answer Donahoe can provide is: ``Fasten your seat belts, because it's going to be exciting.''

``We know there's going to be some hurdles here and there, and we've experienced them some in the preseason,'' Mularkey said. ``He's going to be a talented quarterback. Just give him some time.''

Losman doesn't want to be the one holding everyone back, aware that he's the only first-year starter on offense.

``All the receivers have proven themselves along with our line and our running back. Now it's up to the young guy to get the job done,'' Losman said, referring to himself.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

Think about what was said prior to Gregg's first season about how the playoffs were expected.  Either all the games are sold out and it doesn't matter what he says or, he is trying to take as much pressure off his QB as he can...

431918[/snapback]

Better to kill yourself now and get it over with rather than sit through Losman running around the field like its a flag football game. That is until he gets his head taken off for being tuff stuff and too cool to slide. While I realize Losman is essentially a rookie, you can tell he hasn't really done much to inspire confidence or production into the offense.

I agree with taking pressure off the quarterback heading into the season, but this kid's going to have to face the fact at some point that this team is expected to go to the playoffs now. I'm not panicking. I'm just being a football realist. You are what you are and right now although we're 0-0 we have a penalty problem and an offense problem heading into the season. All I'm saying is Donahoe is once again mortgaging the present for the future's sake and its a gamble that may keep us from making the playoffs...again.

Finally, I definitely think there are first and second rounders who have played better than Kelsay, Williams, Denney, and Reed. If you disagree, go back and look at the guys we passed on to get them. That's a seperate issue all together.

Better to kill yourself now and get it over with rather than sit through Losman running around the field like its a flag football game.  That is until he gets his head taken off for being tuff stuff and too cool to slide.  While I realize Losman is essentially a rookie, you can tell he hasn't really done much to inspire confidence or production into the offense. 

I agree with taking pressure off the quarterback heading into the season, but this kid's going to have to face the fact at some point that this team is expected to go to the playoffs now.  I'm not panicking.  I'm just being a football realist.  You are what you are and right now although we're 0-0 we have a penalty problem and an offense problem heading into the season.  All I'm saying is Donahoe is once again mortgaging the present for the future's sake and its a gamble that may keep us from making the playoffs...again.

Finally, I definitely think there are first and second rounders who have played better than Kelsay, Williams, Denney, and Reed.  If you disagree, go back and look at the guys we passed on to get them.  That's a seperate issue all together.

431961[/snapback]

Stop it with this reality talk -

All that does is get you blacklisted by the clique. Nice post though.