Saints Home Opener

AP-NFL: Saints URGENT

Will the Bills host their game in Oct.?

427345[/snapback]

You're crazy, right?? Don't you know that the New York Football Giants, playing in New Jersey, will be the only team this season to host 9 regular season games? How silly were you to even suggest that the bills would get to host an extra game!

AP-NFL: Saints URGENT

NEW YORK (AP) _ The New Orleans Saints will play their home

opener against the New York Giants at Giants Stadium in East

Rutherford, New Jersey.

Will the Bills host their game in Oct.?

427345[/snapback]

I read on the bb.com messge board that it's a possibility that the Bills will have 9 home games this year because of the tragedy. It's also possible that they could use a college venue instead.

If the NFL does this....  every penny of those tickets should go towards the city of New Orleans for relief efforts...

Let's say everything over $5 (saying that $5 pays for the cost to put the game on... Security, power, etc...)

427383[/snapback]

I'd be cool with the giants getting another home game if this were the case, and it was clearly stated.

I dont think the NFL will allow the Saints to play too many games away from a "home" stadium. I'm willing to bet that they'll only play one game from their originally scheduled 8 home games in an away stadium.

I think the Bills get the first crack at New Orleans in whatever becomes their home this season.

WOW! That means a double-header at the Meadowlands...(Jets host Miami @ 4). I was wondering how it would work out logistically, since there's a game there virtually every weekend (except potentially for bye weeks).

I think that Gints game is on a Saturday.

427602[/snapback]

The release says they are still working out the details (now that I went back and re-read it more carefully...), as the game was scheduled for 1:00 Sunday. I would expect a move to Saturday would happen, but still a double-header on the same weekend...

I think the Bills-Saints game should be played in RWS. Charge $25 a ticket and give a million bucks to the Red Cross or whomever to help New Orleans. The game would be a guaranteed sell out. It would be tough on the Saints to play 10 or more road games but maybe by November they can play 4 or 5 home games at LSU.