My constant Bledsoe Bashing & "Statue" comments

Foxboro Mike

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized I probably need a new avatar and tagline.  What's the ruling on this?  Can I still be "TBD's Most Statuesque Poster"?

29809[/snapback]

They both have to go. They will serve as constant reminders of your past at TBD. The twelve step program will fall by the wayside. Wipe the slate clean and turn the page.

Sounds good, I'm taking the Pats.  :doh:

29808[/snapback]

Thank god, now all the statue-bashing will come from Bills fans!!!

I only have one question for FM, if you're this active on TBD, just how much do you post on a PATRIOTS board?

I think part of your recovery could be looking at DB's play from yesterday's game and analyzing it as a football fan instead of a Drew Basher. I'm confident this would help you because there really isn't anything negative you could say about his play yesterday :-)

29743[/snapback]

Well, there's the ten points up on the board, 153 measly yards, didn't stretch the Jax defense with any down field throw negatives.

Unfortunately this board is unwilling to have any debate anymore over Bledsoe's ability to lead the Bills to the promised land. If you disagree with Drew's play AT ALL, then you are automatically labeled a "crusader."

Yes, Drew had a technically sound game yesterday and made no major mistakes like he routinely did last year. Yes, the blame for the offensive woes against the Jags was partly due to a superior Jags run D and to Mularkey's conservative play calling and to Moulds' fumbles, etc...

However, we have $5 mill+ invested in our starting QB this season, and for that amount of dough I'd like to see the starting QB be asked to do a little bit more than hand off the ball 60% of the time and make only a couple pass attempts per game greater than 20 yards. 10 points of total offense off of 2 defensive turnovers is not going to win us a lot of games. Shane Matthews can easily do all that we asked of Drew yesterday, and Matthews costs us only the veteran minimum. If Sunday's game was a sign of all that we expect from Drew this season, maybe we should have flat out released him in the offseason and used that extra cash to get some real interior linemen. That's all some of the anti-Bledsoe people are saying.

Drew is a Bill and I still support him all the way. In the weeks to come, though, I hope we can debate his worth to the team without being torn a new one in the process.

Foxboro Mike, as long as you're willing to accept positive criticism of Drew, then I see no reason for you to not continue posting on this forum.

Unfortunately this board is unwilling to have any debate anymore over Bledsoe's ability to lead the Bills to the promised land. If you disagree with Drew's play AT ALL, then you are automatically labeled a "crusader."

Yes, Drew had a technically sound game yesterday and made no major mistakes like he routinely did last year. Yes, the blame for the offensive woes against the Jags was partly due to a superior Jags run D and to Mularkey's conservative play calling and to Moulds' fumbles, etc...

However, we have $5 mill+ invested in our starting QB this season, and for that amount of dough I'd like to see the starting QB be asked to do a little bit more than hand off the ball 60% of the time and make only a couple pass attempts per game greater than 20 yards. 10 points of total offense off of 2 defensive turnovers is not going to win us a lot of games. Shane Matthews can easily do all that we asked of Drew yesterday, and Matthews costs us only the veteran minimum. If Sunday's game was a sign of all that we expect from Drew this season, maybe we should have flat out released him in the offseason and used that extra cash to get some real interior linemen. That's all some of the anti-Bledsoe people are saying.

Drew is a Bill and I still support him all the way. In the weeks to come, though, I hope we can debate his worth to the team without being torn a new one in the process.

Foxboro Mike, as long as you're willing to accept positive criticism of Drew, then I see no reason for you to not continue posting on this forum.

29867[/snapback]

I agree with you......

if it turns out that your inability to continue to spend most of your free time bashing a guy who's probably better than you in a multitude of ways leads to idle boredom, you can always start back up at home:

http://www.patsfans.com/messageboard/

That being said, I too look forward to the Losman era. He brings a wider variety of options to the table.

29867[/snapback]

The Bills are starting from scratch, which just shows how bad the previous regime screwed things up.

The plan is not to run the ball 60% and throw dink and dunks, because all personal moves suggest otherwise. Keeping Bledsoe at his high salary, drafting a speedy WR and a QB in the first round that isn't known to "manage" games, so why are the bills doing this now? Do you really think they did that just to play conservative football?

The slow Conservative start on offense is product of laying the ground work of a solid offensive foundation, the fact the OL hasn't played a lot of time because of injuries during the pre-season, a new offense, and undoing the screw up of Killdrive.

Once you establish the foundation, you can then start adding things to it, and with that, it begins to snow ball making it a much more effective offense and much harder to stop, by having many facets and avoiding the downfall that the previous offensive coaches saw once their quick but unsound strategy of using the QB's big arm and eschewing the basics of a good solid offense failed.

I am very happy with how Mularkey is bringing this offense into respectability, and hopefully into a power house.

I'm very happy with starting conservative, because it just shows how inept the previous regime was, and how smart the new one is to take it slowly and ignore such sky is falling mentality from an impatient fan base.

I'm happy they kept Drew, drafted a speedy WR, and a Young QB that has a big arm, takes chances like a gambler, and is very mobile, which all points to how this staff is going toward making the offense a powerhouse of running and throwing for now and the future.

That's what all Bills fan should be saying, unfortunately, there seems to be some so impatient and so fixated on ONE person and seem to miss the big picture!

So, for those of you who despise my Drew-bashing (and me), here it is:  Consider my Drew-Bashing a thing of the past; I'm on Twelve-Step Statue recovery program. 

29703[/snapback]

as a patriots fan, i suggest you perform your 12-step program at the edge of an 11-step pier

:devil: