Helping conserve fuel

I leave the windows all the way down in my full size V8 pickup. I leave the A/C on full blast at all times so I still get a cool breeze when I slow down. Problem solved.

423190[/snapback]

I love running the AC on full with the widows rolled down. I miss my truck. Cold air in the face and a drink on the widowsill.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come we have cars with global positioning systems, satellite radio and voice-activated web access, and we still power them with the black goop you have to suck out of the ground? Well, I hate to tell you this, folks, but gas doesn't cost too much; it costs too little. Ooh, I know, I know. I know you hear about gas prices over two dollars a gallon and it makes you nearly choke on your four-dollar latte.

We B word about gas, but adjusted for inflation, it's the same price it was back when the Pope was a Nazi. And that's not the fault of ExxonMobil, either. That's like Kirstie Alley saying her problem is that Arabs control all the fudge. Anyone who's been to Europe knows that the price of gas over there is just a picture of an arm and a leg. And that's because they tax it heavily and we don't. How come we Americans accepted that you could do that to cigarettes - overtax them because they were bad - but burning oil into the atmosphere is okay? You can't smoke in a bar, but you can drive through a restaurant?

A little smoke from a cigar is intolerable, but a lot from a Hummer is no problem? Of course, the Hummer is made by General Motors, the owner of other gas-guzzling F***-You-mobiles - like the Escalade and the Suburban. And they just lost a billion dollars in one quarter. Because it suddenly got a lot less sexy to drive one of these fake macho vehicles now that it costs a hundred bucks to fill it up. Yeah, nobody's dick is that small.

Plus, does anybody remember the '70s? GM did this before. They got filthy rich selling giant cars that suddenly people didn't want because gas went up. Cut to the Japanese gloating, as they are again. Because they own the patent for the hybrid car. GM could have had a piece of it, but they said it didn't make economic sense. Hey, you just lost a billion dollars in three months. You don't have any economic sense.

Let me remind everyone of this: the most vulnerable point of the earth is the atmosphere, which acts like a giant mirror, absorbing 95% of the sun's energy. Now, when I heard that, I said, "Honey, that sounds important!" And I'm not even married. If we don't protect the atmosphere, ultraviolet radiation will fry us like ants under a magnifying glass. I know these kind of facts aren't in the Bible- -but maybe - but maybe we should think about them. After all, it could affect Brad and Jen!

How come we have cars with global positioning systems, satellite radio and voice-activated web access, and we still power them with the black goop you have to suck out of the ground? Well, I hate to tell you this, folks, but gas doesn't cost too much; it costs too little. Ooh, I know, I know. I know you hear about gas prices over two dollars a gallon and it makes you nearly choke on your four-dollar latte.

We B word about gas, but adjusted for inflation, it's the same price it was back when the Pope was a Nazi. And that's not the fault of ExxonMobil, either. That's like Kirstie Alley saying her problem is that Arabs control all the fudge. Anyone who's been to Europe knows that the price of gas over there is just a picture of an arm and a leg. And that's because they tax it heavily and we don't. How come we Americans accepted that you could do that to cigarettes - overtax them because they were bad - but burning oil into the atmosphere is okay? You can't smoke in a bar, but you can drive through a restaurant?

A little smoke from a cigar is intolerable, but a lot from a Hummer is no problem? Of course, the Hummer is made by General Motors, the owner of other gas-guzzling F***-You-mobiles - like the Escalade and the Suburban. And they just lost a billion dollars in one quarter. Because it suddenly got a lot less sexy to drive one of these fake macho vehicles now that it costs a hundred bucks to fill it up. Yeah, nobody's dick is that small.

Plus, does anybody remember the '70s? GM did this before. They got filthy rich selling giant cars that suddenly people didn't want because gas went up. Cut to the Japanese gloating, as they are again. Because they own the patent for the hybrid car. GM could have had a piece of it, but they said it didn't make economic sense. Hey, you just lost a billion dollars in three months. You don't have any economic sense.

Let me remind everyone of this: the most vulnerable point of the earth is the atmosphere, which acts like a giant mirror, absorbing 95% of the sun's energy. Now, when I heard that, I said, "Honey, that sounds important!" And I'm not even married. If we don't protect the atmosphere, ultraviolet radiation will fry us like ants under a magnifying glass. I know these kind of facts aren't in the Bible- -but maybe - but maybe we should think about them. After all, it could affect Brad and Jen!

423319[/snapback]

That was nonsensical and angry enough to sound like an auto exec stole your wife and your dog. But

"Because they own the patent for the hybrid car. GM could have had a piece of it, but they said it didn't make economic sense. Hey, you just lost a billion dollars in three months. You don't have any economic sense. "

Was pretty damned funny. :rolleyes:

That was nonsensical and angry enough to sound like an auto exec stole your wife and your dog.  But

"Because they own the patent for the hybrid car. GM could have had a piece of it, but they said it didn't make economic sense. Hey, you just lost a billion dollars in three months. You don't have any economic sense. "

Was pretty damned funny.  :D

423350[/snapback]

I thought it was worth pasting on this board! I am pretty pissed off though, hard not to be nowadays. :doh:

And our enemy... towel heads thank you for your support. :doh:

LOL, until a year ago I spent my entire adult life defending our freedoms against all enemies. I plan on exercising my freedoms however I see fit for the rest of mine, with no apologies.

If it makes it any better, I recently no longer have a need for a pickup, so I'll probably sell it and buy a motorcycle or a compact - which I would drive with the windows down and the A/C on full blast. Because that's how I roll.

I'll buy a hybrid when they've been around long enough to get a good deal on a used one. I think new is for people who have money and suckers who want everyone to think they do. I don't fit either category.

The window / A/C debate always amuses me - it's an old comedy routine standard. I thought I'd throw my comments for fun.

LOL, until a year ago I spent my entire adult life defending our freedoms against all enemies. I plan on exercising my freedoms however I see fit for the rest of mine, with no apologies.

If it makes it any better, I recently no longer have a need for a pickup, so I'll probably sell it and buy a motorcycle or a compact - which I would drive with the windows down and the A/C on full blast. Because that's how I roll.

I'll buy a hybrid when they've been around long enough to get a good deal on a used one. I think new is for people who have money and suckers who want everyone to think they do. I don't fit either category.

The window / A/C debate always amuses me - it's an old comedy routine standard. I thought I'd throw my comments for fun.

423454[/snapback]

You were a librarian.

:doh: I prefer Conan the librarian.

423467[/snapback]

Got get those evil enemies that don't return their books on time, or God forbid, they talk in the library. Or worse write notes in the books and the evil Bushites want to see the chicken scratch.

Way to keep our country safe from these terrorists.

Got get those evil enemies that don't return their books on time, or God forbid, they talk in the library.  Or worse write notes in the books and the evil Bushites want to see the chicken scratch. 

Way to keep our country safe from these terrorists.

What can I tell you, when you need to kill an enemy and destroy all his stuff it's pretty useful to know where to find him, what he's doing, how many are with him, what equipment they have, what their plans are - little things like that. If you'd rather do without that, I guess we can just give everyone a rifle and get someone to sound a bugle. I'm a good shot with a rifle, but I guarantee you there's a lot more dead terrorists because of what I did than I ever would've gotten with my trigger finger.

Since there was a (now deleted) thread on TSW, with over 125 replies, mocking a few of the departed and banished posters who now visit and rave at another website, I guess I owe you a public apology, Rich. :P

I guess it is open season on anyone.

Uhhhhh....."Retatta"?

EVERYONE'S taking shots at him, Rock.....why you singling ME out??!!?? Or is such talk prohibited for those outside of the special circle?

423047[/snapback]

Now that gas prices are going to be close to 3.00/gal up here in the near future sooner or later .....steps will be taken in my house to conserve fuel consumption

-No unnecessary trips...if it is not on the way home from work or to work then we don't go

-dining out is going away

-the wife is carpooling which will save us a ton of gas since we live 1 hr away from our jobs

-cars tuned up

Any other advice you can give or any ideas you may have would be great

(wisecracks aside)

421925[/snapback]

Write a letter to Bush asking him to get off vacation and stay in washington for a few days so that AF1 and all the other support equipment can conserve on the fuel they will waste as well as all the fuel used on those who follow him around.