Did we even tryout another kicker?

stevestojan

Ok, Lindell can eat a bag of dicks for all i care. This guy has one purpose in life. To kick a football between two uprights. And he is astonishingly bad at that. His kickoffs seem to have gotten a touch longer, but has he ever kicked one into, much less out of, the endzone? (ok, i just looked it up, 3 of his 60 kickoffs last year made it to the endzone). As for his field goals, he has shown decline over the one good season he had, for the Seahawks, in 2000:

Last year, 2003, he was near perfect under 40 yards (14 of 15)

But, over 40 yards, he was 3 of 9. THREE OF NINE. (33.34%). Sadly, that includes 3 of 7 from between 40 and 49.

an off year? Well, lets see:

2003 - over 40yards: 3 of 9 (33.34%)

2002 - over 40yards: 5 of 9 (55.56%)

2001 - over 40yards: 9 of 19 (47.37%)

2000 - over 40yards: 10 of 11 (including 3 over 50 yards!) 90%

Let's compare to an elite kicker (again, all numbers for kicks 40+)

Vanderjagt

2003: 13 of 13 (100%)

2002: 9 of 14 (64%)

2001: 15 of 20 (75%)

2000: 5 of 7 (71%)

1999: 11 of 13 (85%)

Vinatieri

2003: 5 of 9 (56%)

2002: 9 of 12 (75%)

2001: 8 of 13 (62%)

2000: 8 of 11 (73%)

Morten Anderson

Career: 172 of 279 from 40+ 62%

And when you factor OUT the ones over 50 yards (so just FG from 40-49), he has a 68%.

To those of you at camp, was anyone even looked at?

What sucks is that they him to a restricted free agent offer sheet last year to get him from Seattle and gave him (for a kicker) a big signing bonus. They would eat a lot of cap space if they cut him. I'm sure the team would like to be looking in a different direction, but now their stuck.

What sucks is that they him to a restricted free agent offer sheet last year to get him from Seattle and gave him (for a kicker) a big signing bonus. They would eat a lot of cap space if they cut him. I'm sure the team would like to be looking in a different direction, but now their stuck.

29247[/snapback]

OK well then get rid of Donaho :angry:

but really, i mean honestly - how much more specialized a job can you have? For a living you either kick, or practice kicking fieldgoals. there should be guys in the NFL that can kick a 75 yarder, simply because they dont do anything else. But i dont even care about that. I just want consistency from 35-45. Is that so hard to ask? Every time this schlep lines up, i get scared.

How about someone from a world cup team? Obvious leg strength. Just get him a coach, and make him practice for 12 months. At least next year we could have a kicker.

I know, crazy talk. But really, when your leading point scorer (as most, if not all kickers are on a team) cant do s#it, it's time to start shopping.

but really, i mean honestly - how much more specialized a job can you have? For a living you either kick, or practice kicking fieldgoals. there should be guys in the NFL that can kick a 75 yarder, simply because they dont do anything else.

I don't know why, but that actually made me lol. Maybe it's just b/c I imagine stevestojan saying this in Denis Leary type of way. :doh:

We tried out a guy named Mike Schafer. He played in NFLE (well he was allocted to NFLE) didn't make the 53...

29366[/snapback]

Yeah, but that guy was smaller than that little equipment guy the Bills have. Mike Shafer is runt, and wasn't much of a challenge for Lindell.

I don't think it's fair comparing Lindell to Vanderjagt or Andersen as both have played a majority of their careers in domes. (I think Lindell played in a dome as a rookie hence his great % but can't remember for sure when the Seahakws moved out of the dome). In terms of Vinitairi he's one of the best kickers in the league. While I am concerned with Lindell's accuracy, it's too easy to make him a scape goat for yesterday's loss. The offense and defense made quite a few mistakes yesterday that also lead to the defeat.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Lindell sucks and shouldn't even have a job in the NFL let alone for the Bills.

You can't be missing 42 yd. fgoals. They obviously have no confidence in him, they wouldn't even attempt the 52 yarder that could have put them up seven. Why didn't they let him try the 52 yarder ? I'll answer, it's because they ******* knew he wouldn't make it. Get this bum out of here before he costs this team another win, and it will happen again if they keep him. The problem is TD overpaid for this bag of stevestojan and we all know TD doesn't like to admit his mistakes, for example look no further than the rt position. But hey I guess we'll just keep good ole Rian along until he misses a few more. With the way the Bills are gonna play this season, a lot of tight low scoring games, you damn well better have a top notch kicker.