This just in...

mrjsbu96

:( ...based on anemic performances in the crucial game #3 of the '05 pre-season, overwhelming depression and titanic adjustments in perspective have altered the expectations of the rival fans. In a post-game demonstration of stray online rants and 3am Letter to the Editors, the NY Post, Daily News, and Buffalo News are reporting both teams will cancel the season to save face amid the backlash.

- Pre-printed with permission from "The Onion"

To the doom & gloom ("D&G") out there -> check out Pennington's stats last night. In addition to it being pre-season, I'm not sure the "D&G" noticed but we basically have a rookie QB. He has still not started a "real" game and he IS going to struggle this year. He is going to make mistakes, and he is going to make bad judgements. Set your expectations straight from the start and perhaps you won't run off the cliff with the rest of the lemmings...

:( ...based on anemic performances in the crucial game #3 of the '05 pre-season, overwhelming depression and titanic adjustments in perspective have altered the expectations of the rival fans.  In a post-game demonstration of stray online rants and 3am Letter to the Editors, the NY Post, Daily News, and Buffalo News are reporting both teams will cancel the season to save face amid the backlash. 

- Pre-printed with permission from "The Onion"

To the doom & gloom ("D&G") out there  -> check out Pennington's stats last night.  In addition to it being pre-season, I'm not sure the "D&G" noticed but we basically have a rookie QB.  He has still not started a "real" game and he IS going to struggle this year. He is going to make mistakes, and he is going to make bad judgements.  Set your expectations straight from the start and perhaps you won't run off the cliff with the rest of the lemmings...

420216[/snapback]

Here we go. Here's the typical "it's just the pre-season crowd". The same crowd that last year said, we're only 0-1, it's not the end of the world. It's only 2 games. 0-2 is nothing. Then 0-3 came, but we still have hope. 0-4, now it's time to get pissed.

Then, turn around an get all excited because we dominated a pathetic schedule in the 2nd half of the season, only to finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs BY ONE GAME.

Every game matters. Especially when they have a young QB. If they weren't trying to win like some of you morons think, JP wouldn't be so pissed off afterwards that they go nothing done.

It is only pre-season, but you'd be a fool if you weren't worried a little about the offense. The line has looked below average. JP hasn't really done anything yet to wow anyone. The RB's haven't looked all that great either. Not bad, but not great.

Lastly, this is the first decent defense we've played this year. And they stifled us, in a game that all the regulars were supposed to assert themselves. It didn't happen.

Little bit troubling. We'll see though, because it is somewhat true, it's only pre-season!

Oh, and I don't give a DAMN that JP is only essentially a rookie. He's our QB on a VETERAN team that is pretty solid. Our QB, needs to get it done, because with contracts up, this team won't be the same as he gets "seasoned" 2 or 3 years from now.

2004 Preseason Records:

1. New England 1-3 Super Bowl Champs

2. Cleveland 3-1 - Pathetic Season

3. Pittsburgh 2-2 Regualr Season- 15-1

4. Tennessee 3-1 Crashed and burned

5. Dallas 3-1- Old Man Vinny leads team to bad season

6. Philadelphia - 1-3 NFC Champions

Yep. Its EVERYTHING

2004 Preseason Records:

1. New England 1-3  Super Bowl Champs

2. Cleveland 3-1 - Pathetic Season

3. Pittsburgh 2-2  Regualr Season- 15-1

4. Tennessee 3-1  Crashed and burned

5. Dallas 3-1- Old Man Vinny leads team to bad season

6. Philadelphia - 1-3 NFC Champions

Yep.  Its EVERYTHING

420226[/snapback]

This is about the stupidest thing also. No one says we have to win the game. However, let's see the offense do SOMETHING. We could lose 35-7 for all I care, but let's see the OFFENSIVE starters show something. Take care of business, get out of the game.

WE aren't seeing that yet.

This is about the stupidest thing also.  No one says we have to win the game.  However, let's see the offense do SOMETHING.  We could lose 35-7 for all I care, but let's see the OFFENSIVE starters show something.  Take care of business, get out of the game. 

WE aren't seeing that yet.

420231[/snapback]

We knew the offence was going to stumble initially. No surprise at all. The best we can hope for is gradual improvement as the season progresses. I think that during the off season fans excitement and anticipation of the upcoming campaign gets the better of them. Their expectations evolve to a unrealistic level. JP is basically a rookie qb and it is going to take time. A season and maybe more.

We knew the offence was going to stumble initially. No surprise at all. The best we can hope for is gradual improvement as the season progresses. I think that during the off season fans excitement and anticipation of the upcoming campaign gets the better of them. Their expectations evolve to a unrealistic level. JP is basically a rookie qb and it is going to take time. A season and maybe more.

420242[/snapback]

No, try again. My excitement is the same at the beginning of the season no matter who we throw out there.

JP is going to be the QB of a VETERAN team. I don't give a DAMN, how old he is. Or that he is essentially a rookie, or whatever. He's the guy that the staff chose to lead a veteran club without competition. If it takes him 3 seasons to mature, this Bills team will vastly different, and most likely we won't have the Defense and ST's we have now.

Gradual improvement yes. That's fine. But NOBODY on the offense looks good yet. NOBODY.

And I'm so sick and fuggin tired of people here saying it's only pre-season. Which then carries into "It's only 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, and then we miss the playoffs by ONE GAME.

The offense looks like crap. The line looks the worse so far. JP hasn't done anything to show his potential YET, except make a few runs. The WR's, are they even here? And the RB's have looked painfully average.

I do think, however, that most of this is basically because of the line play for the most part. We'll see, but damn, we have to be a little better than we are.

Whoa, hold on there, champ.

The Bears have a SOLID defense.

It's not like the Bills were playing the Sisters of the Poor out there.

What do you want? 35 points a game? not gonna happen.

420244[/snapback]

Right the first time. While I'm certainly not thrilled with the way the Bills offense looked last night, the team on the other side of the ball maybe, just possibly, might have had a little something to do with that. Their 2004 stats dropped into middle-of-the-pack range after the injuries started to pile up last season, but that squad's got some playmakers on it.

Whoa, hold on there, champ.

The Bears have a SOLID defense.

It's not like the Bills were playing the Sisters of the Poor out there.

What do you want? 35 points a game? not gonna happen.

420244[/snapback]

Yeah I know. For some reason, when the Bills come calling, the Bears are all of a sudden the Monsters of the Midway again. Even though they were ranked 21st on defense in the league last year. I know, I know, the 21st ranking was because their offense was so bad right? Well here's a newsflash, the Bears offense was pathetic last night too, and we really didn't make them pay.

The Bears were 21st in a horrible NFC. Seems to me like everyone has a case of Lou Holtz disease, trying to make the Bears seem a little better than they actually are.

We should have shown a little more last night. Just a little. Not 35 points, but ANYTHING would be good.

JP still hasnt turned the ball over...thats pretty impressive for a kid who threw all of 5 passes in the NFL before this preseason.

420247[/snapback]

Slight correction: one fumble vs. Indy. No INTs, though.

Yeah I know.  For some reason, when the Bills come calling, the Bears are all of a sudden the Monsters of the Midway again.  Even though they were ranked 21st on defense in the league last year.  I know, I know, the 21st ranking was because their offense was so bad right?  Well here's a newsflash, the Bears offense was pathetic last night too, and we really didn't make them pay.

The Bears were 21st in a horrible NFC.  Seems to me like everyone has a case of Lou Holtz disease, trying to make the Bears seem a little better than they actually are.

We should have shown a little more last night.  Just a little.  Not 35 points, but ANYTHING would be good.

420258[/snapback]

HELLO!

The Bears, if you watched ANY football last season, were DESTROYED by injuries defensively and THAT played a huge role in their step back. If you remember (which you mustn't), their d was a BEAST the year prior.

They have returned to form by all accounts.

Get a grip francis.

Right the first time. While I'm certainly not thrilled with the way the Bills offense looked last night, the team on the other side of the ball maybe, just possibly, might have had a little something to do with that. Their 2004 stats dropped into middle-of-the-pack range after the injuries started to pile up last season, but that squad's got some playmakers on it.

420257[/snapback]

More like bottom third of the league. The Bears aren't a good football team period. I would trade being in a division with them, over anyone in our own division.

The usually got worn down last season because their offense was so bad. Some of the same stuff we should have done to them yesterday. It went to script with our D, but the O has been abysmal.

But the line......the line, has looked bad this pre-season so far. That's what I'm really worried about.

HELLO!

The Bears, if you watched ANY football last season, were DESTROYED by injuries defensively and THAT played a huge role in their step back. If you remember (which you mustn't), their d was a BEAST the year prior.

They have returned to form by all accounts.

Get a grip francis.

420261[/snapback]

LOL, yeah ok. We'll see this year. As a matter of fact, PM me every week, and we'll see if we can't make a wager on the Bears D each week. We'll see how much confidence you have in that Bears defense......a reloaded one apparently.....this season.

I need to make some extra money.

More like bottom third of the league.  The Bears aren't a good football team period.  I would trade being in a division with them, over anyone in our own division.

The usually got worn down last season because their offense was so bad.  Some of the same stuff we should have done to them yesterday.  It went to script with our D, but the O has been abysmal.

But the line......the line, has looked bad this pre-season so far.  That's what I'm really worried about.

420265[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Didn't the o put up 27 last week?

Yeah.

They did. And guess what? The Eagles looked bad on O the prior two weeks...until they faced the putrid packer D. Get a grip, man. If the Bills are 0-4 again this year to start, THEN start Kvetching.

Slight correction: one fumble vs. Indy. No INTs, though.

420260[/snapback]

Yeah. I think we all expected some INT's, which is good. However, JP hasn't really taken any shots down the field either. So, when they finally let him, will that come back to bite him? That's another concern along with the positive.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Didn't the o put up 27 last week?

Yeah.

They did. And guess what? The Eagles looked bad on O the prior two weeks...until they faced the putrid packer D. Get a grip, man. If the Bills are 0-4 again this year to start, THEN start Kvetching.

420271[/snapback]

Yeah, because the 0-3 didn't cost us at all right? Not to mention 0-4, or 1-5. Hey, it'll be ok, don't worry.

ONE GAME. 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, and 0-4 hurt just as bad. And yeah, the O put up 27, against the Pack. But did they look really sharp? And, I think the Packers are going to suck this year.

The "don't worry" crowd, doesn't worry until it's too late. Ask the 9-7 Bills last year!