The only Losman stat that matters to me

Bear

As of right now, Pre-Season/Week 3, there is only one stat that matter to me.

Passing attempts: 51

Interceptions: 0

My biggest concern with JP before the season was that he was going to come in and be so thrown off by NFL defenses that he would make bad decisions that resulted in INT's. I'm pretty excited that he hasn't thrown one.

Now, he has made mistakes and he isn't lighting up the field, but for now, this is good enough for me.

If he hasn't improved any half way through the season...I may have other things to say.

:D

My biggest concern with JP before the season was that he was going to come in and be so thrown off by NFL defenses that he would make bad decisions that resulted in INT's.  I'm pretty excited that he hasn't thrown one.

Now, he has made mistakes and he isn't lighting up the field, but for now, this is good enough for me.

If he hasn't improved any half way through the season...I may have other things to say.

:D

420165[/snapback]

he did fumble once (indy), but your point is a good one. if the bills' offense can keep from turning the ball over, they'll be put in enough short field situations by the D and ST that the points will come.

i was also encouraged by losman's willingness to shoulder the blame for the O's performance. contrast that with a guy like michael vick who responds to criticism with "do you see the OL i'm playing behind?"

i was afraid i'd see a lot of knee-jerk "oh crap -- we're dooooooomed" posts when i visited TSW this a.m. i don't get too high or too low with these preseason games. as others wiser than me in football strategy have noted, there is zero gameplanning and minimal "strategy" put into these contests, and i'm happy that (a) the bills appear to have sustained no significant injuries; and (b) losman got that many more snaps against live action.

oh, and one other thing is becoming clear -- peters is a player. get this guy in the game more often. at LT, at TE, whatever.

now, i'm off to pinehurst to play a little golf. later folks.

Another good stat is 3 games and no injuries.

In my opinion the most important thing for the future of JP and the Bills, is playing time. JP is pretty rough around the edges, and the only way he will get better is playing time, and more playing time.

My biggest concern with JP before the season was that he was going to come in and be so thrown off by NFL defenses that he would make bad decisions that resulted in INT's.  I'm pretty excited that he hasn't thrown one.

:(

420165[/snapback]

FYI, the D is never going to show their stuff in the preseason it is all vanilla. Wait until a D coordinator puts a game plan in against him. Then we'll talk.

420165[/snapback]

That is a good point, and it's pretty damned amazing considering his inconsistent and relatively lousy technique.

Of course, this IS only preseason. Let's see what he does in faster-paced regular-season games against defenses disguising their coverages.

That is a good point, and it's pretty damned amazing considering his inconsistent and relatively lousy technique. 

Of course, this IS only preseason.  Let's see what he does in faster-paced regular-season games against defenses disguising their coverages.

420241[/snapback]

Please, he hasn't been THAT bad and if you look at Bledsoe's preseason, you'd be seeing EXACTLY what we'd have for the rest of the year.

Let's not painc here, ladies. Give the team a chance. Even with a vanilla defense,w e've been dominant. And with McGahee back there, I feel pretty ocnfident that the O will have enough to GIT ER DONE.

Good point on the INTs. One of the best things to me about JP is that he seems pretty teachable and that though he makes mistakes he learns from them and translates them into real improvements pretty quickly.

The progression which he made in his mop-up last year from:

1. First NE game was a real debacle as he was thrown unexpectedly to the wolves and rudely found out that having great physical skills (which he has) get you little more than a fumble and an INT against a good team.

2. 2nd appearance- entered the game after a lengthy TO and promptly failed to control the huddle and effectively transfer the play and got hit with a delay of game. He did recover well enough to call the plays to hand off the WM abd lead the team to a TD.

3. Still did not have the control of the huddle one wants as there was difficulty transferring the play and he had to call a TO when his job was to burn clock. Yet, at least he avoided the penalty (which was crucial as he was forced to use his legs to get a 3rd down first which kept the clock moving), He also converted on a crucial pass to Trafford and eventually did his job totally by leading us to a TD.

His 0 INTs this pre-season again reflects his learning. In the first scrimmage against GB, he used his extraordinary escapability to keep the play alive, but found out that the Pack DBs were also watching and when he laid the ball out in the flat, one of their DBs jumped the route and would have scored 6 but he dropped the ball.

I think JPs 0 INTs so far is a sign that he won;t make that mistake a lot in the future again.

420165[/snapback]

Instead of INT, you should've labeled it: turnovers. He doesn't have to play well, just not lose games for us.