Anti-War Hoax

I don't even know what to say at this point.

CARBONDALE, Ill. - For two years, Carbondale residents have been riveted by the writing of a little girl imploring her father in Iraq: "Don't die, OK?"

Only now are they learning there was never any danger of that.

The Daily Egyptian, Southern Illinois University's student-run newspaper, today will admit to its readers that the saga - of a little girl's published letters to her father serving in Iraq - was apparently an elaborate hoax perpetrated by a woman who claimed to be the girl's aunt.

In fact, the newspaper will report today, the man identified as the girl's father was never in Iraq, and it was the woman who apparently wrote the letters and regular columns that were published under the little girl's name - and even impersonated the girl in telephone interviews.

Over the months, columns written by Kodee started to become a regular feature on the paper's editorial page. The columns, titled "Kenningsology," talked about her childhood, her newfound friends at the Daily Egyptian, her father, and even President Bush:

"I'm rily mad at you and you make my hart hurt,"' she purportedly wrote in one published letter to the president. "I don't think your doing a very good job. You keep sending soldiers to Iraq and it's not fair. Do you have a soldier of your own in Irak?"

Gotta love how the radical anti-war crowd hits a new low basically every day now.

how old was this pretend little girl supposed to be? rily mad? hart hurt? irak? no kid is that stupid

419633[/snapback]

If you look at the second quote in my initial post. She gets "Iraq" correct in one sentence and then spells it "Irak" the next sentence.

In other words, this hoax doesn't work if the people running the newspaper aren't complete retards.

If you would have read the link, the girl the hoodwinked into appearing as "Kodee" was 10 years old. I've seen worse spellings by so called adults in message boards.

To the left, the ends justify the means.