Keeper League.... thoughts?

simadafuma

I'm drafting tomorrow night in a keeper league. I have Willis McGahee, Curtis Martin, Deshaun Foster, Terrell Owens, Eric Moulds, Jeremy Shockey and Aarron Brooks as potential keepers. It's a snake draft and I can keep two players. The two players can't be at the same position. I draft third. I'm keeping Willis for sure. I'm wondering who else I should keep. I can only keep one player and get an extra pick before the third round. Another possibility is to offer Martin, Foster or TO for a QB. Most if not all worthy high pick RB are going to be kept. Top QB's will be kept as well. I might keep Brooks and hope to get Martin back with my 3rd overall pick. Any thoughts?

I think you have to go with T.O. If his situation scares you and you can't pry a top flight QB from someone, try to make a deal for someone like Harrison or Holt.

I think Brooks is just a middle of road QB. Unless you are in a huge league, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a decent QB in the draft.

I'm drafting tomorrow night in a keeper league. I have Willis McGahee, Curtis Martin, Deshaun Foster, Terrell Owens, Eric Moulds, Jeremy Shockey and Aarron Brooks as potential keepers. It's a snake draft and I can keep two players. The two players can't be at the same position. I draft third. I'm keeping Willis for sure. I'm wondering who else I should keep. I can only keep one player and get an extra pick before the third round. Another possibility is to offer Martin, Foster or TO for a QB. Most if not all worthy high pick RB are going to be kept. Top QB's will be kept as well. I might keep Brooks and hope to get Martin back with my 3rd overall pick. Any thoughts?

418931[/snapback]

Definitely TO. He's the best player at his position. The rest of the guys are just run of the mill.

Well, if you are keeping mcgahee (and you should be)... Curtis Martin and Deshaun Foster cannot be kept. That leaves

Owens

Moulds

Shockey

Brooks

I think we would agree if you had to choose between Moulds and Owens, Owens would be a no-brainer.

So really its between Shockey, Owens and Brooks for the 2nd spot. A couple questions

1) How many teams are in the league

2) What position are you drafting in?

I have shockey as the 4th best TE this year. (Behind Gonzo, Gates and Whitten). I assume Gates and Gonzo will be kept...So Shockey is probably the 2nd best TE left in the draft.

Brooks on the other hand, I have 13th on my board, but there are alot of quarterbacks around the same level once you get by the top 3 (Mcnabb, Payton and C-Pepp). Brooks, brady, plummer, hasselbeck, dellomme, brees...eh who cares.

TO is a top WR. There are alot of good WRs out there.

I say dont keep brooks due to the relitive strength of the position.

Shockey or TO. I think you have to keep TO since he is a stud WR, and accept the risk that he might do somethign stupid and get kicked off the team or suspended. I could make a good argumet for Shockey as well, as he is likely the best or 2nd best TE who will be left. Shockey, Crump Heap and Clark are all pretty similar in my mind though, so the dropoff wont be that much if you have to take one of the other guys.

It would also help us out if you could provide what players you anticipate the other teams keeping.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.