Sabres trade for defenseman Lydman from Calgary

LabattBlue

Nice trade. Lydman for a 3rd is a great use of a draft pick. I guess Calgary ran into to cap trouble and had to move him because Lord knows he's better than a 3rd. He'll be a bit streaky but he'll be a good player for the Sabres all the same.

Nice trade.  Lydman for a 3rd is a great use of a draft pick.  I guess Calgary ran into to cap trouble and had to move him because Lord knows he's better than a 3rd.  He'll be a bit streaky but he'll be a good player for the Sabres all the same.

418723[/snapback]

The only thing I'm not sold on is that it was mentioned on the sabres board that he is a UFA after this year. Let's see what the chances are of getting him signed to a 3 or 4 year deal are.

The only thing I'm not sold on is that it was mentioned on the sabres board that he is a UFA after this year.  Let's see what the chances are of getting him signed to a 3 or 4 year deal are.

418755[/snapback]

Thats a lie, He only has 5 NHL seasons under his belt and will be 28 in sept. He'll be a RFA next year a UFA in 2.

This guy has had problems with concussions. The last season played he had two in the last month of the season and missed the entire playoffs. Also had a couple shoulder injuries over the last few seasons. I think Regier has had a multitude of concussions as well. Another below average pickup for the Sabres.