Buffalo needs to do this NOW!

Two Towns Tell EchoStar: Call Us 'Dish' - Report

Thursday August 25, 12:24 PM EDT

DENVER -(Dow Jones)- At least two U.S. towns would be willing to change to their names to "Dish" to get free satellite TV service.

Only a day after EchoStar Communications Corp. (DISH) (DISH) said it would give a decade of free satellite service to any city or town that changes its name, a town in New York and one in Colorado have offered themselves up, according to a report in the Rocky Mountain News Thursday.

The upstate New York town of Virgil, population 2,287, and Brookvale, Colo., population 200, have contacted Echostar (DISH) as potential "Dish" candidates, the company told the Rocky.

Englewood, Colo.-based EchoStar (DISH) is accepting candidates until Nov. 1.

The company Tuesday said it will provide free programming for 10 years to all households in a U.S. community willing to change its name legally and permanently to Dish.

"As part of Dish Network's rebranding efforts and new advertising campaign trumpeting 'Better TV for All,' we invite a city or town to join us by rebranding itself Dish," EchoStar (DISH) President Michael Neuman said in a prepapred statement.

A town of 1,000 households, for example, would receive about $4 million worth of free programming, the company said.

In exchange, the town is required to put the Dish name on government buildings, post offices and schools and hospitals, if possible.

-By Heather Draper, Dow Jones Newswires; 303-293-9294; heather.draper@ dowjones.com

Two Towns Tell EchoStar: Call Us 'Dish' - Report

Thursday August 25, 12:24 PM EDT

DENVER -(Dow Jones)- At least two U.S. towns would be willing to change to their names to "Dish" to get free satellite TV service.

Only a day after EchoStar Communications Corp. (DISH) (DISH) said it would give a decade of free satellite service to any city or town that changes its name, a town in New York and one in Colorado have offered themselves up, according to a report in the Rocky Mountain News Thursday.

The upstate New York town of Virgil, population 2,287, and Brookvale, Colo., population 200, have contacted Echostar (DISH) as potential "Dish" candidates, the company told the Rocky.

Englewood, Colo.-based EchoStar (DISH) is accepting candidates until Nov. 1.

The company Tuesday said it will provide free programming for 10 years to all households in a U.S. community willing to change its name legally and permanently to Dish.

"As part of Dish Network's rebranding efforts and new advertising campaign trumpeting 'Better TV for All,' we invite a city or town to join us by rebranding itself Dish," EchoStar (DISH) President Michael Neuman said in a prepapred statement.

A town of 1,000 households, for example, would receive about $4 million worth of free programming, the company said.

In exchange, the town is required to put the Dish name on government buildings, post offices and schools and hospitals, if possible.

-By Heather Draper, Dow Jones Newswires; 303-293-9294; heather.draper@ dowjones.com

418135[/snapback]

I'll change my name to "dish" if they want to give me free satellite programming for a decade. ;)

Too bad you still can not get Sunday ticket

DISH=RJ

418191[/snapback]

Screw that. Sunday Ticket = RJ! I'm sick of paying $200 a year to watch 3 games a weekend. I'm counting down the days until I can PPV the games I want to see without having to fork it over for games I'm not overly concerned about.

And if that's not an option, The NFL + DTV = RJ. At least make it available to other providers, NFL. Now that Empire is gone, my satalite dish is just cable that goes out in the rain.

-Jeff

Screw that. Sunday Ticket = RJ!  I'm sick of paying $200 a year to watch 3 games a weekend.  I'm counting down the days until I can PPV the games I want to see without having to fork it over for games I'm not overly concerned about.

And if that's not an option, The NFL + DTV = RJ. At least make it available to other providers, NFL. Now that Empire is gone, my satalite dish is just cable that goes out in the rain.

-Jeff

418888[/snapback]

I'm with you Jeff! I wish the NFL would stream these games online now just like MLB has done. I'd pay $80/year for this serivce easy!!! That is for all games and access to their archives. Hell, if they did it a la carte, just for Buffalo games, I'm sure it would be alot cheaper.

If we changed the name of the city to Mint's, could we get free lap dances for a decade?

418210[/snapback]

ughhh....have you been to Mint's lately? Those girls are nasty. I'd prefer free lap dances at Sundowners or Seductions. :devil:

Buffalo will get er done right after the new Peace Bridge is built.

418941[/snapback]

Well, it should only take 50 years to discuss very similar options. Then they must decide who will get the best pay offs and who's buddies will run the new Peace Bridge concession stands. They will get it done by the year 5000

Screw that. Sunday Ticket = RJ!  I'm sick of paying $200 a year to watch 3 games a weekend.  I'm counting down the days until I can PPV the games I want to see without having to fork it over for games I'm not overly concerned about.

-Jeff

418888[/snapback]

You actually CAN PPV individual games... But it costs ~$20-$30/game (don't remember exactly). Not exactly cost effective, but a nice option if you're visiting someone with DirecTV who doesn't have the Ticket and you want to watch the Bills... I guess...

CW